Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

11 minutes ago, Pato said:

Did you ever have the Alex Salmond Conversation when trying to persuade people to vote yes in 2013-14? The guy is kryptonite to middle of the road voters that the SNP depend on, when these people are broadly sympathetic to the kind of concessions the Greens can get from the SNP. There will be a drift for these folk back to Labour, Tories and Lib Dems.

Fair enough, but that's a pessimistic take. He is divisive, certainly, but I don't think it'll have folks moving to any other party in great numbers.

Keep telling yourself that Nicola will take us to independence, that ship has sailed.

What - and you think Salmonds daft little party full of oddballs has a better shot of delivering independence than the biggest and most popular pro-independence party in Scotland?

You’re having a fucking laugh

2 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

What - and you think Salmonds daft little party full of oddballs has a better shot of delivering independence than the biggest and most popular pro-independence party in Scotland?

You’re having a fucking laugh

Once you improve your reading and comprehension you'll have skin in the game. 

4 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
6 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

That can't be right, she just announced she was stepping back for weeks from constituency duties; how can she now run? However Dross is doing the same I guess

4 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
6 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

That can't be right, she just announced she was stepping back for weeks from constituency duties; how can she now run? However Dross is doing the same I guess

will delete may be a bum account was on an indy page with loads of followers, politics for all is a fake twitter account.

Edited by dirty dingus

18 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

IMG_20210326_154830.thumb.jpg.d50bf103f70d860306fa4a959c20c0a4.jpg

It's impossible to guess at the breakdown of final regional seats, there's too much volatility and noise. You can say what they have been in previous elections but it means little for what happens at the next one.

11 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Fair enough, but that's a pessimistic take. He is divisive, certainly, but I don't think it'll have folks moving to any other party in great numbers.

I think he'll motivate unionist party activists and voters to stop him. And they'll be able to scare voters with warnings - which will be realistic - of a Sturgeon-Salmond pact after the election.

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I think he'll motivate unionist party activists and voters to stop him. And they'll be able to scare voters with warnings - which will be realistic - of a Sturgeon-Salmond pact after the election.

There'll definitely be a concerted campaign against him but I can't see a pact happening. Although I'm sure you're right and that'll be one of many smear/scare tactics.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Cherry has released a statement saying she is continuing as SNP MP when she is feeling better. 

The Twitter "Cherry symbol" mob will be absolutely gutted. I'm actually quite surprised. Thought she was a certainty to defect. 

You do know it was Westminster Duties she was stepping back from?

Presumably she’s hoping to step back permanently

The Twitter "Cherry symbol" mob will be absolutely gutted. I'm actually quite surprised. Thought she was a certainty to defect. 

Yep, the Yes DA’s love Cherry and think she “would make a great leader.” [emoji38]

So that’ll be a stinger for them.