Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

The Twitter "Cherry symbol" mob will be absolutely gutted. I'm actually quite surprised. Thought she was a certainty to defect. 

Yep, the Yes DA’s love Cherry and think she “would make a great leader.” [emoji38]

So that’ll be a stinger for them.

2 minutes ago, monthefife said:

The Twitter "Cherry symbol" mob will be absolutely gutted. I'm actually quite surprised. Thought she was a certainty to defect. 

I am as well but I guess you can’t campaign about women’s rights against transgender people and then go off and join the party of a “touch-feely” sex pest. 

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

Why defect now when the party might crash and burn?

It's far wiser for her to defect only if the new party is successful in May.

How do you propose she would get a seat if she waited?

His big pal Tasmina will be in line and hopefully Angus MacNeil can resign his place at Westminster and join them he might even get Eck to pronounce Alba correctly.

Edited by 101

I've no clue about anything but hopefully this brings out the SNP hating "Yes Da's" who won't vote for Sturgeon cause she's a Nazi and isn't opening gyms fast enough and has ruined the country with Covid etc. The hard line SNP voters will still vote SNP and sensible people such as myself will vote Green. It might affect the list seats bit but I think it will result in more independence votes overall, which can't be a bad thing. They'll spin it as being Independence isn't just the SNP and that we're not a one party state.

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I wonder if this announcement has been known about in political circles for a while which would explain wee Patrick's recent agitated state and complete supplication to the SNP?

had a little google at electoral commission site, an Alba party was registered in early February if it's the same one?

image.thumb.png.82465069e9cbaa6f867126bd32c4397a.png

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I used to love Salmond. I thought he was the best politician we've ever had. He's fast going down the route of Galloway in just being an attention seeking arsehole. Hurts my soul a wee bit.

I think you've summed up the feelings of the vast majority of SNP supporters.

35 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

There'll definitely be a concerted campaign against him but I can't see a pact happening. Although I'm sure you're right and that'll be one of many smear/scare tactics.

Of course there won't be a pact, but the fear is realistic because obviously they'll be on the same side, and if the SNP (with or without Greens) don't have a majority then Alba could hold the balance. That's a fear that the opposition parties can push.

17 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

I find your post a bit strange here tbh. Anyone seriously wanting independence will be hammering at the door of the SNP every day after this next SP election if they get a majority. 

Strange? Or beautifully timed?

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It's interesting that the MSM are pushing the damaging to the SNP line - if they are successful on the list it may damage the Unionist parties more.

The SNP only have 4 list MSPs - and 3 of those are in South of Scotland.

It's the Tories, Lib Dems and Labour who should be worried.

You’re learning!

3 hours ago, GordonS said:

Obviously they'll crash and burn, but they might take the entire independence movement with them.

DeeTillEhDeh, could you have a word with this roaster? He might listen to you...

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Is this some sort of super irony I don’t understand?

Salmond has abandoned any genuine political goals, this latest move is simply confirmation of that.

He’s more interested in blocking Sturgeon from delivering Independence than he is about anything else.  Hubris and personal animosity above all else.

What a tragic end.

^^^^^^^ Doesn’t understand anything about politics at all. Not a fuckin thing.

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

The best outcome here is if troublemakers like her and McNeil try to extract concessions from Sturgeon and are just told to bolt. 

If they’re successful - and it is of course a very big if - it won’t be Sturgeon they’ll be trying to extract concessions from.

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

IMO there's absolutely no chance of a s.30 Order coming, regardless of the election result.

Johnson isn't Cameron, he doesn't care about Athenian values and he knows that staunchness is his best electoral strategy on both sides of the border. 

What’s your plan then?

2 hours ago, G51 said:

Setting the over/under for list votes that the Alba Party gets at 3,500.

I’ll take it. How much?

2 hours ago, virginton said:

The theory of a separate independence party that hoovered the entire list vote and completely obliterated the Yoons for one election only is fantastic.

The need for a viable second choice other than more SNP (wasted vote anyway)/ the Greens' middle-class student union posturing is real.

The prospect of voting for a complete fucking walloper like Chris McEleny and the other clowns attached to this bandwagon is where it all falls apart.

SleepyNarrowDiamondbackrattlesnake-small.gif.2eab81dbb9f40a5cf6f74914745b449a.gif

First two parts of that spot on. Last part doesn’t matter.

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

It is becoming more and more apparent he is in cahoots with the establishment. 

Hey, I thought conspiracy theories were strictly verboten on P&B?

Fucks sake. I thought it would take quite something to top up my already high level of distrust of our political spectrum but Salmond has managed to do so nonetheless. I was happy to ignore him as a nasty wee man who was a busted flush (likely still the case ultimately) but sadly he’s back on the horizon for a while yet it would seem.