Edinburgh

Mr Bairn

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This kind of thing doesn't normally happen with other threads eh? You know a simple question turning in to a "mine's bigger than yours" aka "posh postcode wars"? 1 thing, actually the only thing that's good about the weegies, they don't bicker over this kind of shit.

Grimbo EH4 1TF

Remember the Scotsman or someone published a list last year of the top 10 postcodes in the country and EH11 made the cut. Never thought that highly of Stenhouse and Sighthill personally.

Skidmark Heights is in the desirable part of EH11, this doesn't surprise me.

Are you near Meggatland Skidmarks?

When i first came here i didn't know the are very well but we knew Leith and Gorgie were decent areas to rent for cheap so looked at both areas and ended up moving down near the big Asda in Leith. I liked it a lot from the word go then when it came to buying we looked at places in the North and now live on the Leith/Broughton/Pilrig area. Counts as EH6 though its EH5 right across the road from us. Would like to live in Stockbridge one day.

I don't go to the gym there I walk past it on route to my friends flat before we go to corn exchange. Go bowling at fountain park from time to time as well, decent enough area for amenities etc.

Also - what a cutting remark calling me a drunk.

I don't go to the gym there I walk past it on route to my friends flat before we go to corn exchange. Go bowling at fountain park from time to time as well, decent enough area for amenities etc.

Also - what a cutting remark calling me a drunk.

It's a bit out of the way for FountainPark. You'd need to walk back along the canal for a fair bit.

I also hear Mr Basrais is shut down, it's only been open about a year.

I was pumping a lass that lived next to Fountainpark for a while. She wasn't dece though :(

Also heard really good things about the Indian restaurant in Dundee street

The Guru?

It used to be good, I'm sure they changed owners and the quality has gone down. The wee Italian next door is worth a visit, it looks like a cafe but the food is dece.

In one sentence you've managed to sum up what's great about the place.

But to tie your post back in with the original point. Leith clearly isn't "city centre" but for much of its existence it at least had a "town centre" which is partly why it retains the heterogeneity that you appreciate so much as opposed to dull outlying districts like Colinton or Craigmillar.

Archived