Edinburgh

Mr Bairn

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone been to the new Innes & Gunn bar on Lothian Road? I think it's where the Sapphire Lounge used to be.

Every time I've driven past, it's pretty heaving.

That's "The beer kitchen"

It's really good but probably not quite good enough to justify quite how heaving it gets after office hours.

There's not a great deal to choose between it and the Red Squirrel. Unless you're up for food in which case the beer kitchen wins, or you've got a dog in which case the Red Squirrel or if you want overstrength beer in undersized glasses in which case you should be in the hanging bat.

I have never been to Leith. I will remedy that tomorrow. What's the shouts for a beer and whisky snob for a light lunch and session?

There's loads of places around The Shore, Bernard St, Constitution St, Henderson St. Not a fan of whisky tbh so couldn't recommend particular place.

I have never been to Leith. I will remedy that tomorrow. What's the shouts for a beer and whisky snob for a light lunch and session?

There's a nice place called the granary that is a great chilled out place for a Sunday. Not sure about whisky choices but they will definitely have some there.

You need to go in the Malt & Hops on the shore, shit loads of whisky, I don't drink it like cos I'm a real ale twat.

Grimbo

Granary is fucking shite Throbber. Of all the pubs in the area you could've recommended.

I agree with Billy, it's shite. Got 1 of those wowchers ot whatever for it, wish I'd taken her in the foot of the walk instead, full of pretentious bottled lager drinking p***ks.

Grimbo

There's loads wrong with the Granary probably the only pub in the area I don't visit.

Always get some interesting beers on draught at Malt and hops nice seat outside when it's warm too.

Am there every Saturday after the match, except today we are at Preston Pans, so severly tempted to stop off at the Staggs in Musselburgh 1st & try & make the Mops later.

Grimbo

Has anyone been to the new Innes & Gunn bar on Lothian Road? I think it's where the Sapphire Lounge used to be.

Every time I've driven past, it's pretty heaving.

You think.

Malt and Hops is a good shout for a pub on the Shore. Carriers Quarters is decent as well. You can get good food in the King's Wark.

They're talking pish. It's a nice place for a few drinks with missus and friends. Not exactly a wild night out type of pub but not everyone's looking for that type of thing.

Oh Milsey!

colin-justin.jpg

Milsey & Throbber on location quaffing at the Granary.

Grimbo

You think.

Malt and Hops is a good shout for a pub on the Shore. Carriers Quarters is decent as well. You can get good food in the King's Wark.

All good choices.

Throbber and 8Mile will be rubbing each other off over a bottle of Rose in the Granary later.

Not sure the Albion Bar or indeed Scorpio Leisure are still open...or so I'm told.....

You can get an excellent pie and watch great football at the home of the MIGHTY City, Meadowbank, before retiring to the Edinburgh City Social Club - not quite Leith but close enough...

Archived