Ross County v St.Johnstone 5th Dec 2016

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just incredible. Amazing result and gives us a free go at Celtic next Sunday.

Yup, eight ahead of hamilton now, so hopefully we try and stamp on Celtics throat next week as we've nothing to really lose

I accept blame when I deserve blame. I accept credit when I deserve credit.

It's pretty clear that I've controlled the scoreline today, so I eagerly await some credit.

No. It was my doing. Two nights ago I had a dream that we won 3-1.

It was a mention on sportsound that we had won.

Given that it was the bbc I am claiming credit for the result.

Cracking game of football, to be fair. And well done Saints. Many a County fan will feel hard done by, but in my opinion you deserved the win in the end.

I thought we could've scored at least 2 or 3 goals in between that nightmare opener and your lovely second. We played some lovely football for quite long spells, but as with almost every game I've been at this season, whether we're playing well or not I'm always nervous we can concede at just about any point in a game.

Is Jackson Irvine allowed to shoot, by the way? A cross came in early second half that he stooped to awkwardly flick on, when I could swear it'd have been easier to attack it full on and bury it in the top corner.

I love my football and my team, but I'm glad it's not my be-all / end-all, or days like today would be just about unbearable!

Agree Stagsby, after Saints went 1-0 up County were the far better team in the first half up until Spoony's piece of magic for the second. We seemed far too reliant on a punt up the park.

Second half we kept it on the ground and were really comfortable until County's first, after which the equaliser looked fairly inevitable. Liam Boyce is a constant threat, makes great runs to attack the ball and gets on the end of loads.

We all thought a left footer, I.e. Liam Craig was going to hit the free kick (as did your keeper by the looks of things!!) and up steps the legend Mackay to win it.

Exciting match and a cracking result for us. :)

You can't beat watching Saints though, where else in world football would your star striker leave the warm up 20 minutes before kick off, climb into the Saints crowd behind the goal and down one of the entrance tunnels to run along behind the stand asking folk where the pissers were. Legend!!

There's surely a case to be made for Dave Mackay being the greatest-ever Saints player. Cup-winning captain, record-making goalscorer, hunners of appearances (250?), and "Mr Consistency" (copyright all newspapers) for season after season. I was singing his song all the way down the road tonight.

Archived