Guitarist Thread

CALDERON

On 21/01/2023 at 14:26, CALDERON said:

What's everyone's thoughts on Classic Vibe Squires? I really want a Tele Deluxe with humbuckers, but can't justify splashing out on a Fender.

Don't have anything helpful to contribute, but sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on the planet who has never seen a single Strat or Tele that they want to pick up. Everyone seems to universally love them, yet I think they're as ugly as sin and I can't stand the twangy brightness of the Strat sound 🤷🏿‍♂️

• 5 weeks later...

Ken Hass the main man at Reverend Guitars is hanging out at Merchant City Music tomorrow, I'm a total Rev fanboy and am considering being a total weirdo and going along to meet him. This has the potential for Partridge level awkward conversation. 😂

On 28/01/2023 at 19:09, Boo Khaki said:

Don't have anything helpful to contribute, but sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on the planet who has never seen a single Strat or Tele that they want to pick up. Everyone seems to universally love them, yet I think they're as ugly as sin and I can't stand the twangy brightness of the Strat sound 🤷🏿‍♂️

Teles > Strats by a million billion miles in both playing and aesthetics.

Edited by cb_diamond

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Cheers, was looking at Ibanez and Yamaha.  Will check out the other 2 though.

I would recommend ibanez or Yamaha. .  Takamine and Ovation are great but you need to be spending more to get quality with them. 

I have an Ibanez 6 string and Ovation 12 string acoustic. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/03/2023 at 19:25, Rugster said:

I would recommend ibanez or Yamaha. .  Takamine and Ovation are great but you need to be spending more to get quality with them. 

I have an Ibanez 6 string and Ovation 12 string acoustic. 

Went for a Yamaha APX600. Coming next week.  

I have been using my Vintage AFD Les Paul, but have kinda fallen out of love with it.

I was given this to try for a couple weeks and just bought it - £600 - Its a (US made) American Special Fender Strat, and the previous owner had swapped the bridge out for a Seymour Duncan Humbucker, which has a really lovely tone

IMG_20230323_160551243_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230323_160600583.jpg