New Forth Road Bridge - Open/Closed still shit

D.A.F.C

Well thanks for that whining irrelevant little whimsy, but don't try be a smart arse if you're going to take stupid routes home.

Billy Dynamite was talking about crossing in the morning, which I have done every day this week during peak times. Very little delays at all given the increased volume of traffic. I'd imagine Sunday morning will also be a bit quieter. Southbound coming from Fife has been very busy mind you, as has the bridge in general in the afternoons.

Given the well documented traffic and delays, I'd say it was bound to be "a fucking nightmare" if you're going to take that bizarre route from Larbert to Polmont. Surely from Larbert you'd have been much quicker going via Stenhousemuir to Carronshore, Skinflats and Grangemouth, or Stenhousemuir, Bainsford, round by Bankside and up by the Falkirk Stadium?

I'm not sure in what kind of alternate reality you live in where you think that travelling between two towns that are connected by motorway junctions is a "bizarre route" but it was you who said that the bridges Northbound have been "an absolute doddle all week", champ.

Only if there was not one single other car out on the road. However, usually, either of those routes is polluted by Falkirk's "drive at 25mph and like a complete walloper" club. Motorway is better, for Larbert to Grangemouth or Polmont.

I did Polmont to Larbert via TFS and through Camelon just the other day and at a peak time no bother at all.

I did Polmont to Larbert via TFS and through Camelon just the other day and at a peak time no bother at all.

I was going the other way, though. It takes much longer due to getting caught in the traffic crawling along to Earl's Gate to join the motorway

How serious does it have to be to justify lights and siren?

The Forth Road Bridge is closed which is gravely serious but the Forth Road Bridge has also seen many suicides. It's a tricky call whether to use the siren or not. Philpy would need to be involved, probably as a paid consultant, to formulate a policy for this unique and delicate event.

This is a very sensitive issue and people are in an almost 'Princess Diana' frenzy about it. Hopefully the matter can be satisfactorily resolved.

Edited by Scary Bear

Knowing some of the ambulance men I do, it wouldn't surprise me if they use the siren shortly after phoning the office and instructing them to put the soup on

You know ambulance men (plural) and two women. I'm getting the feeling you are a fairly dishonest character.

Clacks Bridge has reopened after being shut earlier. It made me wonder what the use of those expensive looking electronic overhead gantry signs is if they don't actually tell you in advance that the bridge you're driving towards is shut !?

Edited by Ned Nederlander

I was going the other way, though. It takes much longer due to getting caught in the traffic crawling along to Earl's Gate to join the motorway

I didn't go through Earl's Gate Roundabout (that's been an absolute c'nt since they stuck the lights in last year so I was already avoiding that)

Are you saying the traffic heading to Earl's Gate Roundabout was backed up to TFS !?