Falkirk v The Glorious Glasgow Rangers

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that Brentford didn't practice defending set pieces when the Magic Hat was in charge. That's now two goals we've scored from corners against the bad guys in two games. St Johnstone got one as well off the top of my head. Area of weakness?

Paul Hanlon headed in the winner against them last time we faced them too.

According to former ref Keith Hackett in one of his You are the Ref columns

So if Collum and his assistant thought the foul continued into the box he was correct to award a penalty.

I feel most knew about this rule however this is more for example when the fouled player is still in some control after the foul such as getting his shirt pulled but manages to continue. Wilson's first contact on the player makes him fall and no way after that was he able at anytime to continue for the advantage rule to be applied. Therefore there was only one foul committed and that was clearly outside the box.

I'm sorry I do believe our referees in Scotland are not at a level they should be. Appears the ref at the Hibs match yesterday was also poor and this info was from Hibs fans! If this was a one off fans would accept it however Collum's mistakes over the last couple of seasons have been well highlighted home and abroad.

I still think that those pictures are inconclusive. If his hand made contact with the ball though, then I think it has to be a penalty. It's not as if the ball was belted at him from a yard away. Instead, it had looped into the air gently, then bounced up off the ground. The argument about it being unavoidable therefore doesn't stand up. I remain unconvinced that it did hit his hand, but if it did, then a penalty is the correct call. It might just about be that the ref got both decisions right.

I'm certainly no expert on the Rules but I'd say that the clean-air swipe is enough to make the contact unavoidable - everyone is expecting and anticipating a shot on goal which when it doesn't come catches Alston unaware, there's an absolute baw-hair between the expected moment of contact and the point at which it catches his hand.

I've now heard Warburton's post match interview and although he never praised Falkirk and most managers don't praise the opposition after a defeat, I thought it was fairly accurate. As I've said before imo Rangers CBs are being judged unfairly as they are left totally exposed for major parts of the game. I do not know of any team in the uk that encourage both full backs to be so high up the park at the same time. Coaches are taught overload on the side you are attacking and the other full back tucks in to make three. Warburton is gambling and earlier in the season it worked with Travenier and Wallace consistently on the score sheet. That's not been the case now and teams know how to punish Rangers on the counter! As been said he doesn't seem to have a plan B. The Hibs match will be interesting.

I see bennett has well and truly let that easy going sarcasm style go in the wake of yet another game with dropped points. Doesn't look to be too dissimilar to last season. I suppose the only difference is that this season's eventual winners just took a wee bit to get going.

Another season in the Championship beckons for the glorified diddies.

Imo I agree with the ref not a red as it was not a clear goal scoring opportunity. Opportunity definitely!

Straight red if that was Peter Grant on Waghorn imo.

Peter Grant would not have found himself in that position as his right back would not have been in the opposition box! It's a Rangers 'thing' lol!

I can see why the first pen was given ( look at the leg at the end and where the boy goes down, must be a bitch to catch it in real time )

The second one was a mystery even on the highlights, miller fresh airs it and it hits the boy beside him...

The key here is real time, two players running at fair fast pace, the ref gets one look at it, myself in the main stand thought it was in the box

Should've been a straight red, though. Not for denying a goalscoring opportunity but for the fact that it was an utter assault.

It can be an unwritten law with some refs that a penalty saves the player from a red card, I think if he had gave the foul, Wilson wouldve been off

To me it seems like the contact was entirely outside the box. Perhaps the officials thought there was additional contact when he hurdled Wilson.

Anyway it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. We had plenty of time to make up for it.

As I have stated above, if the ref got the right call for our pen, I do think Wilson wouldve been off....Im sure Rangers fans wouldve preferred 1-0 down with possibly 90 mins to go including injury time than 0-0 11 v 10

Ive only seen the replays that were straight after the game but BT sport couldnt even show a picture that actually shows the ball hit Alstons hand but did show that Colum surely couldnt have seen it and in any case it was never a penalty. two wrongs dont make a right but it does equal the earlier Ibrox farce....1-1 two to go.....

The key here is real time, two players running at fair fast pace, the ref gets one look at it, myself in the main stand thought it was in the box

It can be an unwritten law with some refs that a penalty saves the player from a red card, I think if he had gave the foul, Wilson wouldve been off

As I have stated above, if the ref got the right call for our pen, I do think Wilson wouldve been off....Im sure Rangers fans wouldve preferred 1-0 down with possibly 90 mins to go including injury time than 0-0 11 v 10

Ive only seen the replays that were straight after the game but BT sport couldnt even show a picture that actually shows the ball hit Alstons hand but did show that Colum surely couldnt have seen it and in any case it was never a penalty. two wrongs dont make a right but it does equal the earlier Ibrox farce....1-1 two to go.....

He did give him a red card then changed his mind for some reason?

Archived