Falkirk v The Glorious Glasgow Rangers

Wilson and Kiernan are getting exposed but their also simply not very good. Both were found out against pace and the lack of cover meant they were shown up even more. You can see why Kiernan couldn't get a game for a shit Wigan side and why Wilson didn't fancy playing in the top flight with hearts.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exact same thing happened with the penalty that West Brom gave away to Bournemouth. Initial contact outside the box but it carried on into the box which they say by the rules makes it a penalty. Dermot Gallagher might be a bit biased though!! :lol::thumsup2

Dermot would only been biased towards Man U! Lol!

Darren was pulling him back well inside the box. A penalty was definitely the correct decision. No comparison with Wilson's foul.

Yes absolutely. As the definition says a certainty. It was not a certainty that Vaulks would have scored from that position. I confess I did not appreciate the accurate definition of the word obvious before reading it!

Good report on Falkirk match in Daily Record by Michael Gannon. Thankfully agrees with me that the Rangers CBs are being left exposed therefore looking poor. Tell me any CBs who would not look shaky trying to cover the width of the park with even the midfield too far forward giving little or no protection.

You are joking aren't you? An absolute rag of a paper and a well renowned sub-standard journalist.

To point out a few factual errors is his article:

- It was Muirhead, not Baird that held up the ball before Vaulks scored

- It was Alston, not Grant that was penalised for the Rangers penalty

- No mention whatsoever of the highly controversial manner of the Rangers penalty

You seem like a decent poster but I'm afraid it doesn't reflect well if you're lapping up that utter tripe, designed to pander to the lowest common denominator.

You are joking aren't you? An absolute rag of a paper and a well renowned sub-standard journalist.

To point out a few factual errors is his article:

- It was Muirhead, not Baird that held up the ball before Vaulks scored

- It was Alston, not Grant that was penalised for the Rangers penalty

- No mention whatsoever of the highly controversial manner of the Rangers penalty

You seem like a decent poster but I'm afraid it doesn't reflect well if you're lapping up that utter tripe, designed to pander to the lowest common denominator.

Oops you don't like the Daily Record. Yes I noted these points too however I was more highlighting the part on Rangers CBs being left exposed!

Watched it again and if Wilson wasn't there Valks has a clear run on goal with no need to divert wide. Its the presence of Wilson and his foul tackle that stops valks having a direct route to goal. There is no way the covering player will get a tackle in either without Wilson slowing Valks down and up ending him. Definite red.

Apparently Compliance Supervisor at the match has commented on the first penalty and has cited Collum to explain why he awarded it. Sorry stupidly never asked about Rangers penalty. Also it appears Brian Colvin who decided to drop the ball at the Hibs players feet on Saturday is packing in early as he has had enough! To the point that could be his last match!

Apparently Compliance Supervisor at the match has commented on the first penalty and has cited Collum to explain why he awarded it. Sorry stupidly never asked about Rangers penalty. Also it appears Brian Colvin who decided to drop the ball at the Hibs players feet on Saturday is packing in early as he has had enough! To the point that could be his last match!

It was already going to be Colvin's last game.

It was already going to be Colvin's last game.

Yes it was. Retiring seven years early. I didn't mean he was retiring because off the drop ball incident but apparently he is retiring because he has had enough of the criticism and the pressure referees are subjected to.

I find it difficult to defend the ref on both penalty incidents but I have a bit of sympathy for the first...

We have all seen replay upon replay, still images clearly showing, yes Vaulks was outside the box when challenged with his momentum taking him well into the box.

However, taking into account the refs angle of view, it could have looked very close to the line. In this instance surely the assistant referee should have made the call.unfortunately for him Falkirk's attack was so fast paced so he was probably behind play.

I also think someone told Collum at half time that he had made a wrong decision awarding the penalty, I'm sure the Rangers penalty was awarded to even things out. What a horrendously bad decision, just happy that it never cost us 2 valuable points

Who would be a referee?

"Better not meddle wi the Bairns O' Falkirk"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/35143442

Up now.

Reminds me what a cracking game it was really.

Heroic performances from Vaulks and Rogers in particular. O'Hara will do also.

Rangers played not that bad but are now playing the tippa tappa possession game we used to, with similar results. Today at least.

Shame about the cro-magnon support.

We play less naively and more direct and I quite like the shape of the team now.

Kudos to Peter Houston for that and the tactical organisation these days.

Never in doubt Houstie

We have all seen replay upon replay, still images clearly showing, yes Vaulks was outside the box when challenged with his momentum taking him well into the box.

However, taking into account the refs angle of view, it could have looked very close to the line. In this instance surely the assistant referee should have made the call.unfortunately for him Falkirk's attack was so fast paced so he was probably behind play.

He made the decision on the advice of his assistant. Not sure whether that assistant was up with play and just made a poor judgement, or if he was behind play and guessed.

Archived