Next Celtic Manager

414 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You imagine wrong then.

I think The Scarf forgot to add failed EPL managers on a downward career spiral who will be looking to make a name for themselves with anyone who will have them.

I can't think of who Celtic could sell and gain £6m - £10m.

Biton could reach £4m/£5m I'd expect. I can't see anyone else worth selling as the money is too good, nor wanted because they're exceptional. Griffiths might be given another chance down South, but would he go?

I can see them spending £10m...but selling £6-£10m

Who on earth in that squad could we get that kind of money for?

Ironically the 2 empty jerseys of late, Johansen and Biton we may get a couple of million for tops and thats about it.

Lustig? Done

Ambrose, Boyata? Pish

Brown and Commons nearing the end of their shelf life but unlikely to command a fee.

Mackay-Steven, Armstrong and Allan for all they havent featured much are young enough to at least try and prove themselves to whoever new boss is, if unsuccesful they may move out permanent or on loan but unlikely to attract any kind of sizeable fee

We may offload the likes of Izaguire, Stokes and Ciftci but will be lucky to get any kind of transfer fee.

As for Cole & Kazim-Richards we would undoubtedly need to pay some lot to actually take them off our hands

That leaves only Gordon, Tierney and Griffiths who may attract any kind of decent fee but surely even our board would not risk mutiny from the support by flogging the only 3 players to emerge with any kind of credit this season?

£3 million for a guy who will be 31 in the summer and playing in the Scottish Premiership?

My word.

Edit - Old Firm fans really do live on a different planet don't they?

Biton would go for £5m, Johansen £2m, Brown £3m.

You would go for a few million yourself, I hope you stay.

We could maybe get £2m each for Biton and Johansen.

£3m for Brown??? Have you seen his performances this season?

Literally nae value in that Celtic team. Not one player that anybody in England will be looking at, Tierney aside, but even then he'll need another season before any serious offers come in. Even Griffiths won't be getting looked at seriously by anybody with any real money.

I think The Scarf forgot to add failed EPL managers on a downward career spiral who will be looking to make a name for themselves with anyone who will have them.

Aye, but that's a wee bit of a mouthful, so you can hardly blame him for forgetting.

So you think it will be only Norwegian diddies and ex-players who apply for the job?

You do know that every time a managerial job comes up guys who aren't interested in the job put their names forward simply to get the media coverage to advertise the fact that they are available for bigger jobs and to create interest around them?

Archived