Morton v St Mirren Championship 2/1/16

I don't think we should expect too much until he regains match fitness.

Only the two goals this week then.

post-41703-19432.png

Nothing in Saturday's match programme about him. Printed a little too early although there is a picture of him in the middle page.

I'm excited about Saturday now.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saints were actually poor against Alloa, and woeful against Livvy and Dumbarton.

Thankfully (for us) those three teams were almost as bad, so I think we can survive the season.

But games against Morton look beyond this team - a horrible thing to have to say, but it's true.

Probably will go along to the game if it's dry, but if it's raining I'll give it a miss.

Was bad enough watching our horrible performances in primitive grounds like The Cheaper Insurance Stadium and the Indodril Stadium. But we were at least under cover there.

Getting gubbed AND soaked, nah.

Football FANatic not LUNatic.

^^^^^ Word salad ^^^^^^

The more confident they become, I just know we are going to hump the smelly rabble.

Like others, I'm a bit wary of the confidence. Wins against St Mirren rarely come easy. Not sure how many Midden fans are travelling but I'm certain of a big home support. The interest (even before the McManus news) was palpable. All we need now is the team to play like we know they can Declan getting a run out in the second half and scoring the winner would be the best ever start to a new year :thumsup2

Not buying this Morton will romp it patter. Another game where we dominate for long spells and don't take our chances. 1-1.

I tell you what if yous cant beat our mob tomorrow yous never will we are fucking abysmal.

I'm not sure, but I think some people think that if we don't beat St. Mirren tomorrow, we never will.

Anyone else heard that?

Aye I think if we don't win tomorrow they're going to scrap the fixture forever. How could we possibly win any of the 10+ fixtures in the next couple of years if we can't win on 02/01/2016 specifically?

If Stef and Barr are both out, I'll be a little worried. Absolutely no width and we would need our best midfielders to have very good games.

Not as confident as I was.

Think we'll need to move Kilday to right back and pepper to right mid if that happens.

Hope Barr's injury isn't too bad.

If their defence is as bad as reported, Samuel on the right and McManus on the left of Denny.

Tidser, Forbes and Miller behind.

Far too attacking and Dece and Samuel wouldn't stick to their positions leaving the midfield and full backs but id love to absolutely hammer them.

I could see Duffy putting Lamie to left back and Kilday to right back with Luca and Tam in centre, leaving Russell and Pepper on the sides. I hope not tough.

Lamie should never play left back but I'm afraid he will be there tomorrow.

Archived