Morton v St Mirren Championship 2/1/16

Perfect opportunity to pump this mob, but I'm not too confident of doing so, another stuffy draw on the cards.

Snap. They only seem to turn up when they play us.

Quite simply, if we can't beat St. Mirren now we genuinely never will for the rest of the century. It's a massive game for us in terms of staying in touch with fourth and remaining a comfortable distance away from the bottom four too. Can see Langfield having yet another excellent game against us after the stick he's been getting, but we have to be winning this.

Massive's the word. St Mirren seem to be a lame duck this season. The question is.... at the third time of asking, will we have the bottle to put them out of their misery. We really have to do the business this time.

btw I've had a lot of interest from people wanting to go to this one so I'm expecting a decent turnout. So, no pressure for JD and the team :)

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perfect opportunity to pump this mob, but I'm not too confident of doing so, another stuffy draw on the cards.

It was the perfect time the last time and previous time for that too when we were down to 10 men for 30 mins :P.

Not looking forward to this at all. The only way we'll be able to scrape something from this is if Jim Duffy makes an arse of it again.

We'll miss Goodwin in this so much, id rather play him with a broken ankle than Carswell point his way about the pitch.

Got my ticket for this last week. After getting soaked just walking from the car on Saturday, then having to endure that utter disgrace, I've decided if it's pishing down for this I'll just take the hit on the £17 and stay home to eat any leftover steak pie.

Cant understand why folk are refusing to go.. We're no giving Gilmour money which everybody moans about, its morton on a Saturday 3pm ko NOT on the telly so go and support the boys, even tho they don't deserve but its our fucking rivals what evers happening is forgot about for this one game!

Cant understand why folk are refusing to go.. We're no giving Gilmour money which everybody moans about, its morton on a Saturday 3pm ko NOT on the telly so go and support the boys, even tho they don't deserve but its our fucking rivals what evers happening is forgot about for this one game!

My issue is the weather. I'm being a fair weather fan, literally. I can't remember the last game I enjoyed, and I don't fancy standing for the best part of two hours getting soaked watching a game I most probably won't enjoy.

If it's dry, I will be there.

The majority of fans are beyond breaking point but we have still had decent away supports in the last few weeks and our home attendances are just about holding up.

You do have to wonder what it will take for something to give considering our home record has been rotten for years.

Got my ticket for this last week. After getting soaked just walking from the car on Saturday, then having to endure that utter disgrace, I've decided if it's pishing down for this I'll just take the hit on the £17 and stay home to eat any leftover steak pie.

My issue is the weather. I'm being a fair weather fan, literally. I can't remember the last game I enjoyed, and I don't fancy standing for the best part of two hours getting soaked watching a game I most probably won't enjoy.

It's only Tuesday, I know, so a lot can change, but the forecasts I've looked at are showing a mainly dry and overcast day on Saturday (well, apart from the BBC site, which shows a shower bang on 3.00pm....... :lol: ).

So it's not looking like a bad day for a game of footie. I think you should get yersels down here - your team needs all the boos support it can get.

You have the option of sitting in the stand for yer 15 quid. Legroom is shit there but at least you won't drown. It's a sad day when you start to feel sorry for the Midden and , apart from the fact that I want to see us rattle 5 goals past them on Saturday, I do feel a bit sorry.

I don't feel one bit sorry for the midden. They think they're in the dumps now, we've spent half my adult life in the seaside leagues and they've just come from a lengthy spell in the top flight.

Boo fucking hoo.

Archived