Hangover cures.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A litre of fresh orange juice no give ye plenty shites n skitters?

Irn bru is my cure. No placebo just love

Was gonnae ask if you have any teeth left with the amount of IRN BRU you guzzle.

Then I saw you support Dundee and the question seemed to answer itself.

A MacDonald's Pineapple and Mango smoothie is the holy grail of hangover cures. Honourable mentions also to Walker's ready salted crisps, Lilt, just about anything out of Gregg's and leftover Domino's pizza that you don't remember ordering the night before.

Think there is a bit of a difference between full on 'fear/doom' and a mere hangover.

See, I've had the "I wish I was dead/vomit at the least" movement hangover but never had the "fear"

Dunno bout the semantics here but I've always regarded 'can't ingest anything and my skull is exploding' level to be more alcohol poisoning rather than hangover....and the only real medical cure is a coupon for dignitas....the pounding head but still able to ingest level which I personally regard as hangover territory can be cured by leftover pizza (it becomes Italian cheese bread in the morning) and copious chilled irn Bru.....if that doesn't help then pint of irn Bru with 2 scoops of haagen dazs vanilla in it....failing that dignitas....

Rehydration powder.

Berocca.

Lucozade.

Cocodamol.

Loperamide.

Bacon sarnies.

A hot shower.

Clean clothes.

Cold water.

Rest.

Half-hearted wanks.

Take/do/have/experience/use all of the above when hungover. Sorted.

I have on occasion resorted to alcohol, cannabis and cocaine as hangover relievers, but really these are just ways to start the party over again, not true hangover treatments.

I don't understand the c***s who can't eat anything when hungover. I eat everything in site, mainly shite like crisps and mcdees. Trying to eat healthy whilst hungover is a fucking task.

You have obviously never been really badly hungover then. I'm talking 3 days on it nonstop with very little food. Try eating a McDonald's after that, you can't even get the burger into your mouth because you are shaking so much.

I need to categorise my hangovers because of this.

Wee headache or sore belly following a Saturday on the drink and it's easy to cure with a decent scran and some high sugar or caffeine drinks.

Friday afternoon to Sunday night session then I struggle to eat for a couple of days, has to be a liquid diet of cold drinks only. Too often I recall getting up for work on the Monday and trying to have a bowl of corn flakes and all I can do is drink the milk from the bowl and put the corn flakes in the bin.

Sometimes even cold water was a struggle, had to be room temprature or it just came back up. Eventually you can graduate onto yoghurt or soup, maybe some soft fruit and gradually build yourself back onto solids. The moment when you realise your appetite has fully returned and you can actually manage a full meal is a beautiful thing, usually marked by ordering a huge chinese and only eating about a third of it :)

I dont miss this feeling in the slightest, thankfully couldnt even manage a three day bender if i tried, I'm usually passed out by midnight after a few drinks.

Archived