Wallets

If you want it and can afford it then go for it.

If you opt for a cheaper one that you like less then you will probably regret it and eventually buy the dearer one anyway.

Cut out the waste by going for the one you want first time round.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a Penguin wallet in tk maxx for £13 about 4 years ago and it's holding its own, condition wise.

Think the rrp is around £40-50 but it really is decent quality. Will certainly be hunting tk maxx for a replacement when it's due.

I had a wallet for about 10 years that a previous girlfriend gave me from Next. I don't like ones that button or zip, just fold over.

I replaced it recently when I realised that sour faced cow had bought me it and got a black leather Dents one from Debenhams. It does the trick.

As before, any man carrying a coin purse shouldn't be approached by anyone except Philpy at bus stops.

I have a brown leather thing Maw Sanchez bought me... some years ago. It might have been around when I was eighteen, I remember being excited about having a "man wallet," ie one which didn't have any Velcro in it. It is now several shades of brown darker than it was originally, owing to the amount of times it's been in my pocket while walking and sweating. Current contents:

1 x voucher for free six inch sub from the Subway on Queen Street. Expires 31/12/15

1 x 10p

1 x 50p, both of which are contained in a zip bit which can't contain anything else because the stitching is burst and everything falls out of it

1 x old uni card

1 x present uni card

1 x debit card

1 x Pure HMV card

1 x Game reward card which I'm pretty certain is about 15 years old

1 x Young Scot Card, expired 31/12/2012 which also says I'm 4 days older than I am

1 x National Insurance card

1 x Organ Donor Register card

1 x Arriva bus ticket dating from October 2008

It also usually has a credit card in it but I generally take that to work with me and I just keep that in my pocket.

I've got a Duffer Of St George leather wallet that I got as a birthday present from my brother about 10 or so years ago. I think he bought it in Debenhams. It's still in reasonable nick, slightly dog eared around the edges and the lining is starting to come away in a couple of places inside but there's still a few years life left in it.

Sounds like an interesting and revealing thread, one which explores the contents of your wallet.

For the record mins contains that following -

3 x £10

2 x petrol receipts

1 x pub receipt

2 x bank card

1 x expired student card

1 x driving license

1 x Next voucher card

1 x office entry pass

6 x business cards

1 x memory stick

- £50

- piles of receipts I need to sort for work but am too lazy to look at

- gift cards for TK Mazz, M&S, Asda, and Sainsbury's that I've not used despite being in said shops since receiving them, because I'm a moron.

- ID/Door pass/key card for work

- GlobeCover medical card

- Work Credit Card

- My Credit Card

- Bank Card

- Other Bank Card

- Nectar Card

- Bramble Card

- Driving License

- E111 Card

- Organ Donor Card

- East Ren sports facilities etc. card

- Ditto Glasgow

- 5 or 6 business cards

- assorted shite

This is one of the reasons why I started this thread I always thought a wallet with a section for coins is useful. Like I said earlier all the best ones I've seen don't. Looks like I'll just use my coins a bit faster in future.

This is one of the reasons why I started this thread I always thought a wallet with a section for coins is useful. Like I said earlier all the best ones I've seen don't. Looks like I'll just use my coins a bit faster in future.

Or keep em in a pocket?

I just got myself that gorgeous Plants vs Zombies number at the top of the thread. My old one finally fell apart, and I was glad to be rid of it, as it was a weird fabric number that turned into a sponge in the rain. Had to get myself a card holder as well as I've loads of them, and I'm about to start carrying an old-man coin purse that the wife bought on eBay by mistake, so I'm a triple purse/wallet old man BEAST. There, I feel better, and will hand myself in to the authorities forthwith.

Contents FWIW:

1 x Post Office receipt

1 x Tesco Cafe breakfast receipt

1 x British Heart Foundation receipt

1 x vet appointment card & receipt for spaying

1 x Dominos pizza receipt (lunch for the wean)

1 x note with work stuff on

1 x Provo Driver's Licence

3 x personal bank cards

2 x business bank cards

1 x personal credit card

The wife's bus pass

1 x Lidl fake pound coin

£3.90 in change

Organ donor card (25 years old and unnecessary these days, I guess)

Blood donor card (A+, which I assume means it's particularly tasty :thumsup2 )

The wife's cinema concession card

2 x Vue Super Saver cards

The wife's NHS treatment exemption card

Library card

Various loyalty cards (Subway, Boots, Co-Op, Game, Toys 'r' Us, Salvation Army, Tesco)

2 x Nectar cards (1 personal, 1 business)

British Heart Foundation donor card

Video Drive-In rental card

Council Tax payment card

4 x IT industry certification cards

Laminated diploma (I shit you not)

I'm noticing a distinct lack of prophylactics on these lists - let's be generous and assume none of us have been near the shops following a shagtacular holiday period :P

Archived