Wallets

I'm thinking of spending close to a hundred quid on one, 70 of which is from gift vouchers.

Think the most I've spent previously has been around 15 quid and they generally fall apart pretty quickly.

Looking at a Tanner Goods one which are supposed to be really well built and they age very nicely or there's the Porter nylon ones that have coin pockets on the back but seem a bit pricey for the materials used.

Anyone here ever bought something similar?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recently changed to a leather one I bought in Italy years ago for about 30 Euros. Bit weird getting used to a new wallet, but I like it. Plus the Italians know how to make leather stuff, so it'll last for ages I hope.

My old one had done me about 10 years before and was showing significant signs of ageing.

I haven't used a wallet in years. Keep all my notes, cards, etc. in my top shirt pocket.

I went two years without having one since losing on a night out and did much the same, just took out the cards that i needed at the time. When i got a wallet before a holiday though it was good having everything together and if i were to lose it again i would buy another one and think that over all they are a good thing. Wouldnt spend 100 on one though.

I recently changed to a leather one I bought in Italy years ago for about 30 Euros. Bit weird getting used to a new wallet, but I like it. Plus the Italians know how to make leather stuff, so it'll last for ages I hope.

My old one had done me about 10 years before and was showing significant signs of ageing.

I bought one in Spain last year at about 15 Euro was a piece of shit that fell apart in weeks. Have bought another since then that was cheap and is falling to pieces.

I recently changed to a leather one I bought in Italy years ago for about 30 Euros. Bit weird getting used to a new wallet, but I like it. Plus the Italians know how to make leather

stuff, so it'll last for ages I hope.

(This)

Was working in Italy 2011 & 2012 and bought a nice Italian leather wallet (Piquadro) 100euro at the time but worth every 'penny' as still in great nick.

Got a leather one that is about 2 years old. It has a few pockets in it but it has softened nicely so it is not too bulky now. On a sidenote, here are the current contents.

1x £10 note.

1x £5 note.

2x petrol receipts.

2x pictures of kids.

2x tickets for Krakow salt mines.

1x receipt from dentists.

1x receipt from butchers for steak pie. (No sausage in it).

1x glasses cleaning cloth.

1x $20 Jamaican dollars note.

2x slips of paper with deceased mums handwriting on.

Driving licence card.

Driving licence paperwork.

Fuel card.

B&Q Trade card.

Gas safe card.

Claw nail from my deceased cat.

Got a leather one that is about 2 years old. It has a few pockets in it but it has softened nicely so it is not too bulky now. On a sidenote, here are the current contents.

1x £10 note.

1x £5 note.

2x petrol receipts.

2x pictures of kids.

Driving licence card.

Fuel card.

B&Q Trade card.

Gas safe card.

^^^^^ Manbag.

1x £10 note.

1x £5 note.

2x petrol receipts.

2x pictures of kids.

Driving licence card.

Fuel card.

B&Q Trade card.

Gas safe card.

^^^ serial killer

Your plates look like a zebra's arsehole.

They also look like they have been rebuilt using the ones Mrs M and Adam smashed to f*ck.

As for the OP, why on earth would you spend £100 on a wallet? I have a leather Fossil one that cost £30 nearly 10 years ago and is still in pretty much perfect nick. From looking at their website, it's now £40.

I'm thinking of spending close to a hundred quid on one, 70 of which is from gift vouchers.

Think the most I've spent previously has been around 15 quid and they generally fall apart pretty quickly.

Looking at a Tanner Goods one which are supposed to be really well built and they age very nicely or there's the Porter nylon ones that have coin pockets on the back but seem a bit pricey for the materials used.

Anyone here ever bought something similar?

I spent £60 on a wallet once and used it until the fucker was in tatters. Slink leather. It was beautiful. I'd been meaning to replace my current one as it reeks of weekend and my mum got me a rather nice one from Debenhams, she had to take it to get altered though as it had a zip pocket on it - big no no for me. As are any pockets. I'll have to pick that up tomorrow.

2 x pictures of kids in his wallet, wonder how many there will be on his lap top.

He also uses the Krakow salt mines to dispose of the bodies, got his dentist to resculpt his teeth so they don't match up to the bite marks, had his local butcher make a pie up from the souvenirs, tortured his pets as a child and, most damning of all, almost certainly uses his fuel card to refill his articulated lorry.

And that's before we get into what happened to his mother, which I'm too respectful to speculate on. Shocking stuff.

Archived