Los Angeles

Mr Bairn

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know how I feel about this.

I'd be absolutely gutted. The reason I started supporting the Seahawks is due to my family ties in the city. Cheering for them if they were in a different city would just feel wrong.

I'd be absolutely gutted. The reason I started supporting the Seahawks is due to my family ties in the city. Cheering for them if they were in a different city would just feel wrong.

It's just such an alien concept. MK Dons aside, it's just not a scenario that's even close to reality in sport over here. I support county because they were the closest team to me growing up. In the States that apparently means nothing.

Looking at it rationally, it makes absolutely no difference to me whatsoever where they play. I just think it's fundamentally unfair that a team can be ripped from a community like that.

The Rams boards are in meltdown at the moment, well worth a look if you are a bit of a sadist.

www.ramsondemand.com

www.stltoday.com/sports/rams

It's not that alien in British sport. All the "London" rugby teams seem to play miles away from the capital and one has moved to Coventry.

Feel sorry for St Louis fans. It was particularly wanky of the owner to go out of his way to state that it's "not a football town". Hopefully the league will ignore him and they'll get the Stallions as an expansion team eventually.

It's just such an alien concept. MK Dons aside, it's just not a scenario that's even close to reality in sport over here. I support county because they were the closest team to me growing up. In the States that apparently means nothing.

Looking at it rationally, it makes absolutely no difference to me whatsoever where they play. I just think it's fundamentally unfair that a team can be ripped from a community like that.

The Rams boards are in meltdown at the moment, well worth a look if you are a bit of a sadist.

www.ramsondemand.com

www.stltoday.com/sports/rams

Absolutely...except for Clydebank/East Stirling...oh and Ferranti/Meadowbank/Livingston...then there's Clydebank to Airdrie. But those apart, you're right.

ICT as well.

There was people on their boards saying that they support the business not the city which is the HUGE difference between sports in UK and USA. We support the teams because they represent us usually through our place of birth or someone in our families( OF decided to use religion but that a different story) .

Anyone found any particularly hilarious heads gone material yet from twitter or the Rams boards?

There was a guy on football's future that's a Rams season ticket holder in St Louis and has been completely adamant for months if not years that the Raiders and Chargers were moving to LA and the Rams were building a stadium in St Louis. Despite people trying to have a rational debate with him he continued to ignore everyone and throw shit at the wall to the point where people actively wanted the Rams to move just to see his meltdown. Now that they've moved, the guy is nowhere to be seen.

If the late, great Al were still alive the Raiders would have got their first choice regardless of if it were LA, Oakland or elsewhere. Sadly missed.

However, it seems to me there are 2 "likely" outcomes now for the Raiders, 1) Bully, bribe, "blackmail" Oakland into a new stadium. 2) Find a city desperate for a football franchise.....San Jose and Sacramento aren't too far from Oakland. Or the St Louis Raiders? (I think none of these is likely, it's probably 70% likely to still be Oakland)

I wouldn't mind an expansion to 36

AFC

Central

1 Pittsburgh Steelers

2 Cleveland Browns

3 Baltimore Ravens

4 Cincinnati Bengals

5 Jacksonville Jaguars

6 Tennessee Titans

East

1 New England Patriots

2 NY Jets

3 Buffalo Bills

4 Miami Dolphins

5 Indianapolis Colts

6 Houston Texans

West

1 Denver Broncos

2 San Diego Chargers

3 Kansas City Chiefs

4 Oakland Raiders

5 LA expansion team

6 San Antonio expansion team

NFC

Central

1 Green Bay Packers

2 Chicago Bears

3 Minnesota Vikings

4 Detroit Lions

5 New Orleans Saints

6 Atlanta Falcons

East

1 Dallas Cowboys

2 New York Giants

3 Washington Redskins

4 Philadelphia Eagles

5 Carolina Panthers

6 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

West

1 Seattle Seahawks

2 Arizona Cardinals

3 San Francisco 49ers

4 Los Angeles Rams

5 Las Vegas expansion team

6 St Louis expansion team

Would make the scheduling easy as well. 10 division games and then you just play one other division (3 home, 3 away)

Archived