Los Angeles

Mr Bairn

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which no-one is disputing. However Mr Bairn has completely re-designed the leagues on what appears to be on a geographical basis.

No to me he has just scrapped the two new divisions (South)and fitted in those South teams where possible while as Bully says keeping the rivalries.

I'd like to think billionaires would be a bit more pragmatic but it looks like the other owners really done their best to screw the Raiders in this for personal reasons.

Why else would they give third preference to the team with the worst stadium in the NFL, who have no capital, and are in a city that has zero chance of helping finance a stadium?

Assuming the Chargers go too, as the owners expect, then it leaves the Raiders with no options. Why leave one of your members in that position? Presumably so that the Davis's will be forced to sell and they'll be rid of them but I'd love to see the Raiders stick it to them and go where a deal suits them and a city and to hell what the other owners think. As they did previously and won.

I expected them to sell well. They played in LA in living memory, are going to be senior tenants in the new stadium and have stolen a march on San Diego by announcing their move first.

It'll be interesting to see if the Chargers can sell so many tickets. By all accounts Kroenke wanted them, rather than the Raiders, to make the move with them as he saw them as less of a threat to Rams ticket sales.

What sort of crowds can they expect in San Diego next year? I'd struggle to give a f**k if I was a fan. Well, I might hope they lost every game.

Moving to LA a year after the Rams also seem stupid. They're already gambling that LA will take to them as a virtually new team in the area compared to the Rams who were there in living memory for most fans. It seems even more of a gamble to think LA fans will ignore the NFL in 2016 but suddenly want to buy Chargers season tickets the year after.

I predict they'll have left LA again by 2025.

What sort of crowds can they expect in San Diego next year? I'd struggle to give a f**k if I was a fan. Well, I might hope they lost every game.

Moving to LA a year after the Rams also seem stupid. They're already gambling that LA will take to them as a virtually new team in the area compared to the Rams who were there in living memory for most fans. It seems even more of a gamble to think LA fans will ignore the NFL in 2016 but suddenly want to buy Chargers season tickets the year after.

I predict they'll have left LA again by 2025.

The crowds have been shit for the last few season's for the most part, the Raiders, Broncos and Steelers games this season were basically away games.

They're staying in SD because they're still trying to get a new stadium built there, that's the first option. If they don't get it they'll move. If there was no chance of a new stadium in SD they would have went now. For what its worth I doubt they'll get the new stadium, either the city or the Spanos' will need to move massively on their side.

I think they've done the right thing and I hope they do stay in SD.

The NFL has now increased their committment to the project to USD300m. The sites being considered are in Downtown and where Qualcomm currently is. The talk is of including a Convention/Exhibition Centre in the Proposition to make it more attractive to the city and voters and the I've seen around USD300m in public funding mentioned a few times which seems more realistic.

On top of the NFL contribution/loan and public money, Dean Spanos would then probably have to sell a stake in the team to bring in his share of the funding. I think that should be possible with a number of large enterprises in SD and how attractive a city and state it is for bringing in new business.

I think they'll get something agreed and the above combination of funding seems quite fair to all. Though the cautionary note is that they only have one chance at a vote on this and so they better get a single proposal that all parties agree on before putting it to the electorate.

Read an interesting article in USA Today. apparently Levi's Stadium was designed and built to be home to two teams, and the NFL plan was to have it shared.

I know it'd the niners, but it's damn close to Oakland and the Raiders' shiny new training complex.

Mark Davis doesn't like it, buy, allegedly, when "not discussing" the idea not long before he died (Obviously not after) Al was said to dismiss the idea then, when he had a few more details replied "Show me the figures". Maybe it's a solution.

I know it'd the niners, but it's damn close to Oakland and the Raiders' shiny new training complex.

It's just about the same distance from Oakland to the Levi's Stadium as it is from downtown San Francisco tbh. Surprised it has never been mentioned as an option.

Archived