David Bowie

RadgerTheBadger

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the outside tour promo cd, Morrissey was the support act for Bowie until they fell out very early in to the tour. I bought the CD (it had 2 tracks on it 1 from Bowie & the other from Moz) I'm a Moz fan, it cost me £50. I lost it in the house fire.

Ffs

Grimbo

Eta & to compound my sadness I never had him in my deadpool.

Ashes to Ashes.........

The out-griefing competition has been entertaining enough so far. Current leader of the pack is some stupid old bint on This Morning who 'literally screamed' when she saw the news.

Had a look on a Labour Party forum that mentioned Bowie.

Needless to say somebody mentioned his Fash politics.

And they had a handwringing session on should they being be posting this.

Roasters.

As usual when a musician dies my facebook gets filled to the brim with folk going on about how they first heard them and how it changed their life all this "I am grieving more than you" pish.

Mate, if David Bowie changed your life, and yer now living in a shitty council flat in Dalmarnock and spending every second weekend making prison fags out of the doubts in yer ashtray waiting for yer giro I fucking hate to imagine what yer life would be like if yer maw bought ye an Alvin Stardust album for yer birthday instead

As usual when a musician dies my facebook gets filled to the brim with folk going on about how they first heard them and how it changed their life all this "I am grieving more than you" pish.

Mate, if David Bowie changed your life, and yer now living in a shitty council flat in Dalmarnock and spending every second weekend making prison fags out of the doubts in yer ashtray waiting for yer giro I fucking hate to imagine what yer life would be like if yer maw bought ye an Alvin Stardust album for yer birthday instead

^^^

Only concerned with the material things in life and not the spiritually valuable, non-tangible things in life.

:P

He had a massive influence over lots of bands. Whether you like them or not, there would be no band called Simple Minds who took the name from a line in Jean Jeanie or Dave Gahan might not have been in Depeche Mode after he sang Heroes at his audition to join the band. That is just a couple of examples, there are probably loads more.

I remember when he announced that he would be playing Murrayfield and the mad scramble was on for tickets. I had a contact that worked in the Playhouse and could get tickets. Oh how i laughed at the desperadoes with their tickets out in the back of beyond. Mines would be for right beside the stage. No need for me to queue up for tickets.

You dont need 3 guesses as to who was the only twat without a ticket. :lol::lol:

Edit. Has anybody dragged out the poor girl yet whose name he forgot when she was his backing singer at Live Aid?

Archived