David Bowie

RadgerTheBadger

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He had health issues for years I remember he pulled out of titp2004 with a heart problem and think he had other issues on top of that so I would imagine he would be chosen by someone.

Oh and rest in peace.

Bowie was an international star.

But his stuff from the early days makes me laugh.

Way back in his Ziggy Stardust days there was still thousands of middle aged men around who'd done the WW2 gig, there was even relatives of mine who'd been in the trenches during WW1 still alive 45 years ago.

They thought Bowie he was as odd as eff.

Funny thing was Bowie had the same politics as the Germans.

Think Bowie was a National Front supporter back then.

Strange thing was, indirectly he probably did more to make folk chill regarding being in anyway different.

And his music wasn't that bad either.

Did an excellent job of keeping this specific illness quiet, I think. Then again, it's apparently shocking how little I hear about these days. Folk have been talking about his health for longer as I've been alive, but I don't think cancer's ever been a word to crop up.

I've only recently become aware of how influential he was; not just another one of those singers of my mum's generation that stopped being relevant a long time ago. He did a lot of good music, before you even get around to the performance aspect. Maybe I'll actually get around to listening to that Tin Machine stuff that everyone complained about so much. Always liked him as an actor too.

Edit: hadn't heard about the allegations of racism, but he seems to have put that down to the character he was playing at the time, along with heavy drug use. The idea of Ziggy Stardust as a fascist seems hilarious :lol:

He had health issues for years I remember he pulled out of titp2004 with a heart problem and think he had other issues on top of that so I would imagine he would be chosen by someone.

Oh and rest in peace.

I had tickets for TITP 2004 and was only going because he was headlining it. He pulled out and ruined my weekend. I for one am glad that time caught up with the charlatan.

I had tickets for TITP 2004 and was only going because he was headlining it. He pulled out and ruined my weekend. I for one am glad that time caught up with the charlatan.

The darkness headlined as a result.

The darkness headlined as a result.

They did.

I'm going to see them next Wednesday in Solothurn.

If only Bowie had played he might have hit the heights of playing a small venue in the middle of nowhere in central Europe a decade or so later.

Alas, it wasn't to be.

Ashes to Ashes.

One of popular musics most influential and original artists and a true legend

The man was a total genius

This. PinUps was the first album I bought and opened the door to everything else (even though in itself it wasn't anything special).

RIP Starman.

Did an excellent job of keeping this specific illness quiet, I think. Then again, it's apparently shocking how little I hear about these days. Folk have been talking about his health for longer as I've been alive, but I don't think cancer's ever been a word to crop up.

I've only recently become aware of how influential he was; not just another one of those singers of my mum's generation that stopped being relevant a long time ago. He did a lot of good music, before you even get around to the performance aspect. Maybe I'll actually get around to listening to that Tin Machine stuff that everyone complained about so much. Always liked him as an actor too.

Edit: hadn't heard about the allegations of racism, but he seems to have put that down to the character he was playing at the time, along with heavy drug use. The idea of Ziggy Stardust as a fascist seems hilarious :lol:

Bowie's fash connection might have been something to do with a relative that stood as a NF candidate.

That nice chap Eric Clapton was another one with jackboot politics.

Archived