Dundee United vs Partick Thistle

jagfox

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harsh that. 0-0 would have been fair. A clean sheet though eh?

John Wayne Bobbit has shown more penetration since his infedilty and subsequent penildectomy than Thistle managed today.

Don't think Eiji had a save to make. Cerny wasn't too busy either.

Diddy cup anyway 8)

The last time we reached the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup was 8 years ago. In the last decade in all cup competitions we've only beaten a top-tier team twice (Hamilton, last year and ICT on penalties in 2005-06).We are shit at cups.Dundee United to win.

Pathetic standard of football. Honking

Aye but we won, so who cares?

Terrible game, made better with the drink in the hospitality boxes. Don't like watching the game behind a screen but at least I got to watch Mixu go wild for 90 minutes.

Crap game of football.

Very well taken goal.

Defensively better - if we'd conceded four corners in a row earlier in the season we would have also conceded a goal.

Decent Thistle support.

Paton is making a huge difference.

Demel is awful.

Collum is a joke of a referee.

Strange MotM choice.

Back to back wins eh?

A clean sheet though eh?

As predicted! ( although I got the score wrong)

Kawa had a few " moments" today that I thought thistle would get something from, but the back 3 did look a lot more organised. Ranks and Spital were always quick to get back to which helped enormously.

There's so much more fight and determination in the United starting 11 at the moment. I can handle losing if they show some guts which was a big issue the first half of the season. Just good to see they look like they are giving 100%.

And on that front, well done Simon Murray who again put in a real shift today.

As predicted! ( although I got the score wrong)

Kawa had a few " moments" today that I thought thistle would get something from, but the back 3 did look a lot more organised. Ranks and Spital were always quick to get back to which helped enormously.

There's so much more fight and determination in the United starting 11 at the moment. I can handle losing if they show some guts which was a big issue the first half of the season. Just good to see they look like they are giving 100%.

And on that front, well done Simon Murray who again put in a real shift today.

The much maligned Paton has made a huge difference. Murray has done well but if only Deeboy had 'made it'....

Crap game of football.

Very well taken goal.

Defensively better - if we'd conceded four corners in a row earlier in the season we would have also conceded a goal.

Decent Thistle support.

Paton is making a huge difference.

Demel is awful.

Collum is a joke of a referee.

Strange MotM choice.

Back to back wins eh?

That actually made me chuckle. When you think about it he's the only guy who actually did anything constructive in the game so fair play to the lad.

I agree with the other points as well, you barsteward ;)

Disgusted by our negative approach today. I don't think we created a single meaningful chance.

Utd weren't much better, but we got what we deserved. We approached the game in the same way you would expect us to approach a game away to Celtic.

I sincerely wish Utd all the best in the next round. Their fans in the pub pre match were all thoroughly decent guys.

Another top day out in Dundee, other than the game.

Archived