Morton vs Rangers

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will tonight's match be a sellout? No

And if so how are the police going to cope outside the ground with the extra numbers? The usual when there is a larger than normal crowd at Cappielow, just a bit more extra police presence, maybe a horse or two and the traffic on the main road stopped to allow any fans to cross the street at the end of the match. Both sets of fans will be coming from all angles so there will be no separation, none whatsoever.

What measures are in place to keep both sets of supporters apart outside the ground? None absolutely none, tickets were allocated for Rangers fans to be in the Wee Dublin End, but there will be mixed fans in the ground, before during and after the game. Official tickets for supporters clubs etc in the WDE and the glory hunters will be free to mix, no attempts will be made to stop this during the game, unfortunately.

Car parking space around and near the ground? No, people have been advised that the usual car park is now out of commission as buses and the press pack will be accommodated here, so don't come in the car, walk.

Will supporters be searched at the turnstiles on entering for containers such as glass bottles?

The stewards or police will, if they suspect anything, will search you, normal practice I presume.

Finally game day! A comfortable Rangers win and Morton fans to leave this thread with their tails between their legs.

Oh no! The team with a budget multiple times larger than our own might beat us in a game! How will I ever cope with the shame if they do?

Oh yeah... the pride I take in not watching my club die.

Archived