Morton vs Rangers

I have to admit , it was cute how up for it the Morton fans were , big team under the floodlights , I Rememebr the same feelings when we played the likes of Barcelona , inter Milan , weirder Bremen and so on at ibrox

Are you shitting me? Did you see the empty spaces in our end? Our lowest home supports this season have been against Rangers. Make of that what you will.

As for the game, I quite enjoyed it. We were standoffish in the first half but took the game to them in the second. It was one of those games where I felt if we got an equaliser we'd have gone on to win it. However we just lacked a real cutting edge up front and creativity in the middle.

I've read some fans say we parked the bus? Absolute nonsense. We played with 2 up front, 2 wingers and our full backs were overlapping at every opportunity, especially our young left back Russell who I thought had a great game and took that lump of wood Tavernier to the cleaners a few times.

Great goal from Mackay to clinch it.

Sending off was a farce and id have been raging had that been a Morton player.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Halliday is the most sterotypical *** we've had playing for Rangers in ages. An absolute purple faced seething mess of a man. He probably heard a Morton fan saying his club had died and had been getting angrier and angrier as the game went on.

In a fucking nutshell.

Halliday is sectarian ned fuckwit.

And his Team had a hilarious death.

Lol

Nae Surrender

I could swear when I was watching it last night the replay of the red card incident showed Halliday gesturing towards the Cowshed.

A colleague of mine who was at the game says he was looking right at it and Halliday gestured towards the WDE.

Who is right?

Singing shove Yer cameras up Yer arse is a crime worth arresting someone over ? Catch a grip of yourself

Heard aboot that from some g&gyins at work, they're apparently getting the same treatment.

Actual nearly greeting with laughter at the Sevco heads gone.

Ffs lauding over a victory against us like you've won the goddamn Champions League.

Just don't tell big VT, we don't him going toe to toe with us.

Whilst it's a hilarious point and laugh moment regarding Halliday, that's a total nonsense rule/sending off.

I've seen that sort thing numerous times this season alone and the ref hasn't batted an eyelid. If anything this highlights once again how hopelessly inconsistent our refs are.

It's going to lead to a lot of tit for tatting at games now.

I could swear when I was watching it last night the replay of the red card incident showed Halliday gesturing towards the Cowshed.

A colleague of mine who was at the game says he was looking right at it and Halliday gestured towards the WDE.

Who is right?

The video on twitter showed him pumping the air towards the Gers fans.

Halliday is a bargain bin Scott Brown.

Maybe he's been unfortunate to get 2 controversial red cards in a month but on the other hand maybe he could have avoided them by not acting like a cock and concentrating on his own game.

Yep!

Arrested under the Offensive Behaviour Act

I've heard worse

but hey, they are victims because of their own behaviour

Everyone is out to get them including as it appears the SNP government and Police Scotland. They believe the arrests are politically motivated to persecute Unionist supporters.

I wonder if any other clubs fans will protest this weekend on the facial recognition cameras and the Big Brother state Scotland has become?.

I think not

The 'Offensive Behaviour Act' is a corrosive piece of legislation which criminalises football fans over other sections of the community and institutionalises the right to be offended. Everyone on here should oppose it.

They won't though. Diddy fans think it only applies to us and 'them' and any attempt to deride it gets one labelled a bigot apologist. It thus becomes impossible to have any sort of meaningful discussion about it.

Conveniently ignoring the fact that the officials in this case are 100% correct.

I'm all for slating them when they make their regular mistakes but you can't be seriously having a go at them for getting a decision spot-on.

Rowan Vine got sent off at Central Park for a similar offence a couple of seasons ago and I don't remember this much bitching about it.

Maybe managers should explain the rules to their players and punish them for stupid completely avoidable infringements like this. If it was my player I'd be angry at him, not the officials.

It was a ridiculous decision to card him for that, I believe he did shake his fist at the Morton fans after the goal (it certainly wasn't a w*nkers gesture), but if that's now the norm in Scottish football, as you suggest, no wonder our game is considered a joke.

Archived