Morton vs Rangers

There was a very similar screenshot on BT Sport with that line across the pitch that they superimpose, just as the kick was taken (a fraction of a second before your clip by the look of it) and it showed Miller (the player further away) marginally offside. To be fair to the ref and linesman it was probably hard to judge (although we all know that if it had happened at the other end it would have offside), but nevertheless Stuart McCall proclaimed against the visual evidence that Miller was nowhere near offside - McCall's bias was embarrassing, excusing any fouls by Therangers in the "fans with a microphone" manner.

May I unpick your post a wee bit?

1. Miller was never offside however much BT may have drawn a line on the screen. Waghorn? Maybe, but it's irrelevant.

2. Do you really want to continue with the, "if it happened at the other end" dross? After Halliday's two soft yellows on Monday and the Livi player's netball at Ibrox. Do The Diddies really think that we get all the decisions?

3. I agree with wee Stuart's bias that wee Stuart is biased. and I love him for it. McCall was a tremendous player for us and I don't want to hear a bad word said about him.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Miller was never offside however much BT may have drawn a line on the screen. Waghorn? Maybe, but it's irrelevant.

2. Do you really want to continue with the, "if it happened at the other end" dross? After Halliday's two soft yellows on Monday and the Livi player's netball at Ibrox. Do The Diddies really think that we get all the decisions?

3. I agree with wee Stuart's bias that wee Stuart is biased. and I love him for it. McCall was a tremendous player for us and I don't want to hear a bad word said about him.

May I unpick your post a wee bit? You no longer get all the decisions because you are the diddies.

. If Warburton is really the respectful, class act he'd like to come across as, he'll apologise for his earlier remarks and crucify his player for damaging his team.

Don't haud your breath. He's bound to have become infected with mordoritis by now.

*Mordoritis: a chronic condition which manifests as a pschologogical mania that the sufferer is one of "ra peepul".

We've had biased co-commentary and match analysis to endure for years across all stations, Pat Nevin, Andy Walker, Chris Sutton, Charlie Nicholas et al.... thats before other Club Managers get an appearance in the pundit line up to take pot shots at us, a regular occurrence over recent years.

If wee McCall appears to favour us, it makes a nice f*ckin change

(Neil McCann is excellent and seems completely impartial btw)

There is no crumb of comfort, you lost and got absolutely nothing from the game, the player that your fans spent the evening booing had the last laugh when he killed the game as a contest by scoring our 2nd goal, it really was a much better GIRUY than anything Halliday could muster. Morton were even more ineffectual after the sending off. This clinging to that sending off as some kind of victory is painfully hollow.

I wonder if they're are like this after every defeat Ted!? Jeez

Bollocks.

You see officials observing OTT reactions all the time and not booking players.

You also see bookings regularly for similar things lack of consistency to a ridiculous law. Seen two Berwick players booked for less and opposition players. The reaction in MSM is ridiculous. It was a yellow card if he hadn't been booked earlier he wouldn't have been off

We've had biased co-commentary and match analysis to endure for years across all stations, Pat Nevin, Andy Walker, Chris Sutton, Charlie Nicholas et al.... thats before other Club Managers get an appearance in the pundit line up to take pot shots at us, a regular occurrence over recent years.

Scottish football coverage and commentary is, and always has been, skewed in favour of the Old Firm and 'Rangers'- you bleating about Celtic-minded co-commentators puts you in the same paranoid, woe-is-us box that was the sole domain of the Celtic half-wits for years.

Scottish football coverage and commentary is, and always has been, skewed in favour of the Old Firm and 'Rangers'- you bleating about Celtic-minded co-commentators puts you in the same paranoid, woe-is-us box that was the sole domain of the Celtic half-wits for years.

I don't think I've complained about it once on here Ned, I accept that that they're all bitter c*nts with an axe to grind no bother. That Stuart McCall seems to be getting a regular gig these days to redress the balance makes a decent change, that's all.

Not having the likes of Craig Burley foisted upon us week in week out has to be a plus for all fans eh!?

Of course. Rules should be applied consistently or ignored. What other sensible option is there? Caprice?

So when a linesman invariably misses or misinterprets the modern offside rule, the solution ought to be to 'ditch offside altogether'? A simple yes or no answer will suffice.

Good to see Kenny Miller joining the Queen's Headless Battalion in today's Metro, with a presumably drunken ramble claiming:

1. That there was no offensive gesture (there quite clearly was)

2. That he didn't run towards the opposition fans (irrelevant when turning and gesturing towards them) and most bizarrely of all

3. That even if there was a gesture made (which there was, do keep up) that "sometimes common sense should prevail and there should be a case of looking at it as if it is two yellow cards", which, erm... it was. Which is precisely why he was sent off.

Thanks for playing anyway, you thick bigoted c**t.

Exactly. Bit like the Jeff Winter tweet about it being a ridiculous sending off.

He wasn't sent off for making the gesture, he was simply yellow carded. He was sent off because that was his second yellow card offence.

Ergo, it wasn't a ridiculous red card, it was a perfectly sensible yellow.

There is no crumb of comfort, you lost and got absolutely nothing from the game, the player that your fans spent the evening booing had the last laugh when he killed the game as a contest by scoring our 2nd goal, it really was a much better GIRUY than anything Halliday could muster. Morton were even more ineffectual after the sending off. This clinging to that sending off as some kind of victory is painfully hollow.

I have to agree with this. The 10/15 minute spell before Rangers' second goal was our best spell of the game. We had them on the back foot but our lack of quality in front of goal cost us, and Rangers went up the park and finished the game. They actually looked better with 10 men, and we had no idea how to make the man advantage count.

Lol..I recall Rangers fans going rabid , foaming at the mouth wanting Boruc done for having the audacity to bless himself in front of them. Saying it was provocative and could cause a riot...now defending this clearly offensive provocative gesture?!

Maybe I'm wrong but, as the ball deflects to Miller via the arm of Morton defender, it wouldn't have mattered if Miller was offside.

In fact the rules on that are that if the Morton player had attempted to play the ball, its onside but a straight deflection where the defender knows little about it is offside. So the decision still comes back to was any involved player offside when the pass was played and the answer is that it was so close that the officials believe they are level and even if someone - Waghorn? - offside, was he involved in the play? Probably not.

Facts are though, it was tough goal to lose - a lucky deflection which fell to the right player from a Rangers perspective. Morton were also denied a very good penalty shout right on halftime. There was, however, nothing lucky about the second goal which came against the run of play at the time but was a lovely passing move and good finish.

On the night, Rangers took their chances and we didn't. Miller and MacKay looked dangerous all night but Russell looked after Waghorn well and he hardly got a sniff. When they do go up, Rangers will need better defenders as the better SPL teams will eat Kiernan and Co alive. I have no conception why Rangers do not see that Gasparotto is better central defender than either that they regularly play.

I was quite encouraged by Morton's display but some of our players have to carry that form into every game, not just the big ones.

Victory parade organised for Greenock next week with the players showing off the red card dished out to Halliday to their adoring hordes, only problem being they are struggling to find a bus the locals haven't stole the tyres from yet

Victory parade organised for Greenock next week with the players showing off the red card dished out to Halliday to their adoring hordes, only problem being they are struggling to find a bus the locals haven't stole the tyres from yet

What a tragic individual you are.

Lol..I recall Rangers fans going rabid , foaming at the mouth wanting Boruc done for having the audacity to bless himself in front of them. Saying it was provocative and could cause a riot...now defending this clearly offensive provocative gesture?!

Us winning the league in your midden was probably the most provocative thing we have ever done

Absoloutley glorious scenes though

Archived