Morton vs Rangers

The ref spoke to Halliday two or three times before the sending off. Although it's impossible to know what was said, Halliday always gives the impression of a very aggressive person. The ref may very well have warned him to calm down and lose the attitude, in a kind of last chance way. Just a suggestion. :)

Was funny though. :lol:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It isn't. Inconsistency is much worse. Injustice through inconsistency is a frequent (and justifiable) complaint.

Its not an injustice though, because he deserve the second yellow for breaking the rules. How do you think any appeal would go?

Rangers - "We want the card rescinded because we've never seen anyone booked for this before"

SFA - "He broke the rules and deserved a booking"

Rangers - "Aye but injustice"

SFA - "He broke the rules and deserved a booking"

You're somehow arguing against the rulebook because it happened to happen to your own player. Claiming a player who got booked for a bookable offence is an injustice is tremendously pointless.

Claiming a player who got booked for a bookable offence is an injustice is tremendously pointless.

I've sai a. I don't think it was bookable and b. inconsistent application of rules is worse than no rules. Don't ape Monkey and conflate the two.

The rules state it should have been a straight red according to Clyde 1 - so technically we should be able to appeal it if the referee followed the rules.

I can't see how it could possibly be a red card as not one single rule suggests that. Clyde 1 are likely just trying to rile Rangers fans up so they phone in to mewl.

I've siad a. I don't think it was bookable and b. inconsistent application of rules is worse than no rules. Don't ape Monkey and conflate the two.

You're clearly pished, but It doesnt matter a single f**k what you think, it was a bookable offence. GET OVER IT.

Looked it up:

Sending-off offences
A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off if he commits any of the following seven offences:
• serious foul play
• violent conduct
• spitting at an opponent or any other person
• denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
• denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick
• using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
• receiving a second caution in the same match

Should have been a red.

For those concerned about his current condition; Fraser Fyvie has made a full recovery, after yesterday's facepalm.

I find it amusing that Halliday has been sent off twice this season without committing a serious challenge. :lol:

Why are people still defending Halliday or even debating what happened on here, given that this conclusive evidence was posted this morning? He went way beyond the type of daft interaction you often see, which is why it was so much to the delight of the cretins doing the filming. No official could watch that and not deem the conduct worthy of a booking. I can see why the BT pictures made it look harsh, but these ones that show Halliday's prolonged antics, remove any doubt. If Warburton is really the respectful, class act he'd like to come across as, he'll apologise for his earlier remarks and crucify his player for damaging his team.

agreed!

won't happen though

The rules state it should have been a straight red according to Clyde 1 - so technically we should be able to appeal it if the referee followed the rules.

So you want to appeal to get a punishment upgraded? Actually provide concrete evidence he did it so the appeal is upheld. Then you can launch a further appeal to provide concrete evidence he didn't do it so you can have the upgraded punishment overturned.

I know rangers have been getting favourable decisions from the authorities for years but this one is stretching it a bit.

I'm pretty sure it's Waghorn but I don't think he's offside. Here's the best screen shot I could get:

attachicon.gifgoal miller 2.JPG

There was a very similar screenshot on BT Sport with that line across the pitch that they superimpose, just as the kick was taken (a fraction of a second before your clip by the look of it) and it showed Miller (the player further away) marginally offside. To be fair to the ref and linesman it was probably hard to judge (although we all know that if it had happened at the other end it would have offside), but nevertheless Stuart McCall proclaimed against the visual evidence that Miller was nowhere near offside - McCall's bias was embarrassing, excusing any fouls by Therangers in the "fans with a microphone" manner.

So a Rangers fan has since decided it was a red card offence, and using that to support an argument to appeal :lol:

If there's one crumb of comfort to take from a defeat it's the level of anger Morton brought out in the bitterest wee scrote in Scottish football for daring to celebrate against 'the people' and all the other heads that have completely gone since.

Archived