Morton vs Rangers

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"who are you" patter. :lol:

forever blue actively trying to be a worse poster than bennett here.

No he seems to have a bee in his bonnet over me for some reason , first I noticed him was when he made a rip roaring c**t of himself banging on about whataboutery when it was completely relevant to the question

In fact the rules on that are that if the Morton player had attempted to play the ball, its onside but a straight deflection where the defender knows little about it is offside. So the decision still comes back to was any involved player offside when the pass was played and the answer is that it was so close that the officials believe they are level and even if someone - Waghorn? - offside, was he involved in the play? Probably not.

Facts are though, it was tough goal to lose - a lucky deflection which fell to the right player from a Rangers perspective. Morton were also denied a very good penalty shout right on halftime. There was, however, nothing lucky about the second goal which came against the run of play at the time but was a lovely passing move and good finish.

Fair enough.

There's an argument for a penalty though before the balls gets to Miller. Would have been harsh on the Morton defender, but still.

Good finish from Miller and also a perfectly weighted through ball to McKay in the one-two for the the second goal.

I wasn't encouraged at all. I seen plenty of the same shitebag behaviour as the first Cappielow game with the odd bright spark. Rangers were no better than when we took two points from them at Ibrox. We were much worse though.

Harsh.

I was encouraged on the basis that we were rank at home against Raith in the second half, poor against the skunks and by all accounts got out of jail with that abandonment at Alloa. A bit of fight was shown the other night that was sadly missing in the last few games that I've seen.

Exactly. Bit like the Jeff Winter tweet about it being a ridiculous sending off.

He wasn't sent off for making the gesture, he was simply yellow carded. He was sent off because that was his second yellow card offence.

Ergo, it wasn't a ridiculous red card, it was a perfectly sensible yellow.

Ex ref who refereed at a high level or some kunt from Paisley, who knows best?

Is the suggestion here that this wasn't actually a yellow card offense? Whether it usually gets punished with a yellow or not, it IS a yellow card offense and Halliday is the one at fault.

Why is this even still going?

It's not marching season, they,ve got time on their hands.

Is the suggestion here that this wasn't actually a yellow card offense? Whether it usually gets punished with a yellow or not, it IS a yellow card offense and Halliday is the one at fault.

Why is this even still going?

Rangers fans are fucking weird. Really fucking weird.

At Ibrox we went 2-1 up and were only pegged back by a goal that shouldn't have stood as there was a player offside. This clearly had a huge impact on the result.

After it went to 2-2 Alex Samuel was straight through on goal and had Ball grab his shirt and try and pull him back before he got his shot away, which went wide, and this too had an impact on the result.

Either way we were done by incompetent officials at Ibrox but, y'know, these things, as grating as they are at the time, do happen and ye move on and hope ye get a bit of luck the next week.

Now, days after a Rangers player was booked (rightly according to the laws of the game), after Rangers had tied the game up and had no impact on the result, Rangers fans are still greeting about it?

Fuckin' hell. Get a life.

Rangers fans are fucking weird. Really fucking weird.

At Ibrox we went 2-1 up and were only pegged back by a goal that shouldn't have stood as there was a player offside. This clearly had a huge impact on the result.

After it went to 2-2 Alex Samuel was straight through on goal and had Ball grab his shirt and try and pull him back before he got his shot away, which went wide, and this too had an impact on the result.

Either way we were done by incompetent officials at Ibrox but, y'know, these things, as grating as they are at the time, do happen and ye move on and hope ye get a bit of luck the next week.

Now, days after a Rangers player was booked (rightly according to the laws of the game), after Rangers had tied the game up and had no impact on the result, Rangers fans are still greeting about it?

Fuckin' hell. Get a life.

Like I said before - they're extremely used to getting the rub of the green ... try taking sweets off of a wee spoiled brat and you'll get much the same reaction.

Ex ref who refereed at a high level or some kunt from Paisley, who knows best?

Well, given that I'm right and he's wrong, some kunt (not) from Paisley. Obviously.

I've laid out very clearly why it wasn't a 'sending off' offence, so to call it one is crazy. It was a yellow card, albeit his second one. If you can't understand that really straightforward concept, then I can't help you.

Well, given that I'm right and he's wrong, some kunt (not) from Paisley. Obviously.

I've laid out very clearly why it wasn't a 'sending off' offence, so to call it one is crazy. It was a yellow card, albeit his second one. If you can't understand that really straightforward concept, then I can't help you.

Youre putting words in Jeffreys mouth and floundering there.

Some kunt from Paisley apparently knows better than an experienced ex ref.....

Archived