Dundee Utd vs Killie

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

United 's game against Killie reminded me of an Old Man getting lucky with a young lover. In the first half the old guy puts everything into impressing the girl that he's still got it.

There second tryst ended with her a little confused by his lack of effort (1-1) that he could not maintain the passion of his previous fumblings just 15 minutes before.

The reality of course is that the poor girl will continue to be constantly disappointed as he's shot his bolt and is now spent for the rest of their relationship (season). Eventually the old guy will get wise and leave the girl to try his luck with the ladies of a lower division.

(These musings are in no way a personal reflection of anything that I may have witnessed personally).

United 's game against Killie reminded me of an Old Man getting lucky with a young lover. In the first half the old guy puts everything into impressing the girl that he's still got it.

There second tryst ended with her a little confused by his lack of effort (1-1) that he could not maintain the passion of his previous fumblings just 15 minutes before.

The reality of course is that the poor girl will continue to be constantly disappointed as he's shot his bolt and is now spent for the rest of their relationship (season). Eventually the old guy will get wise and leave the girl to try his luck with the ladies of a lower division.

(These musings are in no way a personal reflection of anything that I may have witnessed personally).

Witnessed, no. Experienced, yes?

Anyway, good story bro. I suspect The Fear is starting to rise in The Fun. Fear that we might escape and fear that you might slip into the play-off danger zone.

Anyway, good story bro. I suspect The Fear is starting to rise in The Fun. Fear that we might escape and fear that you might slip into the play-off danger zone.

:lol:

Steady now, cowboy. 'The Fun' are closer to 4th than they are to any play off spot, whilst after a momentous win against the team directly above you, you still remain 11 points behind them.

You maybe shouldn't talk of fear in the 'fun' when you're languishing, abandoned at the bottom with your 45 man strong first team squad.

Steady now, cowboy. 'The Fun' are closer to 4th than they are to any play off spot, whilst after a momentous win against the team directly above you, you still remain 11 points behind them.

You maybe shouldn't talk of fear in the 'fun' when you're languishing, abandoned at the bottom with your 45 man strong first team squad.

Is that you finally sobered up? :)

You've certainly cheered me up this morning with your insane ramblings of hope that United won't get relegated.

41* now.

Killie must have saved all their good performances this season for us. Think they've beaten us twice and even in our 2-1 win at home we were under a lot of pressure and were lucky to come away with the win...

You will have been considered a good team by Locke.

Against the likes of Celtic, Hearts, yourselves we've set out well and given 100% effort in chasing down opponents and been decent in possession.

Against the teams around us that we should be doing better against we think we're better and lose concentration, less effort, lose early goals. It's night and day. Performance against ICT last week was great and against Utd we didn't show up.

I know it's a bit late, but:

Nothing wrong with Murray's goal, thought so at the time and confirmed by highlights. Why did the ref wait so long to blow?

We should have had a penalty, absolute stonewaller. Killie player with his hand in the air.

I know it's a bit late, but:

Nothing wrong with Murray's goal, thought so at the time and confirmed by highlights. Why did the ref wait so long to blow?

We should have had a penalty, absolute stonewaller. Killie player with his hand in the air.

F*** me, man, you won 5-1, what more do you want? (Apart from the penalty, obviously.)

F*** me, man, you won 5-1, what more do you want? (Apart from the penalty, obviously.)

Seriously, I am pretty objective even when my own team is concerned, however I detest bad refereeing. I know officials aren't perfect and will make mistakes but sometimes these mistakes can have serious repercussions.

The penalty was irrelevant because by that time the game was one but Murray's goal was when we were only 1-0 up and everyone knows that's a dangerous score line for United. :lol:

Seriously, I am pretty objective even when my own team is concerned, however I detest bad refereeing. I know officials aren't perfect and will make mistakes but sometimes these mistakes can have serious repercussions.

The penalty was irrelevant because by that time the game was one but Murray's goal was when we were only 1-0 up and everyone knows that's a dangerous score line for United. :lol:

I have to agree that your lot should've scored more. A nice 7-1 or 8-1 humping and Locke surely would've been given his P45. Surely.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

I thought the ref had a shocker on saturday to be honest. There were decisions that he made for both sides thats had everyone baffled. As GD says, that penalty decision was a howler. Probably even worse than Madden last week with the penalty appeal against Celtic. Whilst both wouldve been academic, its really not the point

Archived