Dundee Utd vs Killie

For what it's worth - and I know the answer is nothing - but speaking from experience with Dundee the problem you have is glaringly obvious...time.

Even if you win one game, the probability is you'll not win the next. So It's 3 steps forward and 1 step back, at best. 14 points is a helluva big gap when you're not winning game after game.

So, 14 points doesn't seem insurmountable on paper...it isn't...but the clock will get you.

Tbh it seems pretty insurmountable to me

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love football for periods like the next 2 weeks. It's been all doom and gloom at Killie for the last wee while, (me included). However, if we can beat Utd and Hamilton lose followed by another victory for us against Accies the next week with Utd losing we could be 20 points off bottom and 6 off playoff. Starting to look like top 6.

Equally if results go against us we could be 8 points off bottom with Hamilton 6 clear with us looking like playoff certainties. It's these squeaky bum moments that make it what it is!

I love football for periods like the next 2 weeks. It's been all doom and gloom at Killie for the last wee while, (me included). However, if we can beat Utd and Hamilton lose followed by another victory for us against Accies the next week with Utd losing we could be 20 points off bottom and 6 off playoff. Starting to look like top 6.

Equally if results go against us we could be 8 points off bottom with Hamilton 6 clear with us looking like playoff certainties. It's these squeaky bum moments that make it what it is!

Your second scenario involves both United and Accies winning two consecutive games. That doesn't seem likely.

If Mixu does change to a back 4 for this one then it may be Gunning at left back, hopefully less of a useless c**t bombscare out there if that's the case.

That's a good call, Gunning at lb. I would much rather he didn't played but that seems unlikely and he's a bit less likely to head the ball into his own net at full back.

If we are going to play 3 at the back, could we at least play 5 in midfield with 2 wing backs? Robson and Spittal might give us a bit of width and is surely better than Mixus horrendous 3-1-3-2-1 or whatever the f**k it is.

------------------------Kawa---------------------

----Donaldson---Gunning---Dillon--------

Spittal--Demel--Rankin--Paton--Robson

---------------Murray----Mckay----------------

That back line though.

If we are going to play 3 at the back, could we at least play 5 in midfield with 2 wing backs? Robson and Spittal might give us a bit of width and is surely better than Mixus horrendous 3-1-3-2-1 or whatever the f**k it is.

------------------------Kawa---------------------

----Donaldson---Gunning---Dillon--------

Spittal--Demel--Rankin--Paton--Robson

---------------Murray----Mckay----------------

That back line though.

3421 surely. Anyhoo. If we must stick with the three at the back then I'd go 3412. For all that the results have been shite we have dominated most of our recent games - last Friday aside. Sacrificing an attacking midfielder for a proper forward seems the most obvious way to increase our chances of scoring without giving up the advantage of extra man/men in midfield.

I hope Murray gets another chance. We looked much better balanced with someone able to stretch the play.

I'm hoping (assuming Mixu doesn't lose faith with that awful c**t Gurning) ...

Kawa

Durnan - Dillon - Gurning

Spittal - Demel - Rankin - Robson

Fraser

Mckay - Murray

Personally, I'd go back to a 4231 but I cannae see it.

Had a dream last night that we win 2-0. Some diddy who gets lots or slack opened the scoring, then Murray closed the deal with a bullet header from close distance.

It has been written.

Had a dream last night that we win 2-0. Some diddy who gets lots or slack opened the scoring, then Murray closed the deal with a bullet header from close distance.

It has been written.

Hope your dream is less of a fantasy than my dream of 2-1 against Celtic.

Archived