Dundee Utd vs Killie

Granted I've not seen a great deal of the team in the last few years (been three times in the last two years), but I've not been over impressed with what I've seen of him. Mainly what tv coverage we get, obviously, but he seems to crop up in some odd positions for someone who, playing for us in the last couple of years, should be getting the basics of his job right before trying to mix things up. Still streets ahead of (what I've seen of) Barbour, though. I've been told he can be a bit rash in the tackle, though, so hopefully he's calming down as well.

If he's improved as qlp says, fair enough. In fairness, the team look (from what I've seen) a bit more composed, so that would naturally help him settle.

He's of the 'last-ditch' parish, so things can at times look pretty bad if you've not watched the full build-up to a move or the earlier play. The worst part of his game was his first touch and his distribution, something that he's improved lately. He and Hamill seem far less likely to try 50-yard passes now and have been laying the simple ball off to the men in space. With legs in the team (Frizzell, Kiltie, Slater for Hamill/ McHattie, Findlay, Slater for Ashcroft) they can now do that and find the simple out ball. A sign of good coaching.

It's a good dilemma for Locke to have on Saturday in the middle of the park as well. Hamill was man of the match against ICT, and Smith has been really growing into a good central midfielder, so who drops out?

My team would be:

MacDonald

Syme Ashcroft Balatoni McHattie

Hamill Slater

Kiltie Frizzell Higgy

Magennis

Smith to come on late if we're holding onto a lead. Good options either way, now

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kawashima

Dillon Demel Gunning Robson

Spittal Paton Rankin Riski

Mckay Murray

If McGowan's still here then I'd put him at RB and Dillon at LB. Or we could go -

Kawashima

Dillon Demel Gunning Robson

Rankin Paton

Spittal Murray Riski

Mckay

But I'm expecting an all out attacking 3-6-0 formation from Mixu.

Thing is, it's Durnan, Demel or Gunning. I'd put Demel in there purely because he's not Durnan and Gunning is all we have left. Don't get what Donaldson offers as if he can't get ahead of the others then he's better off as a bin man or something. It makes me sad when I have to agree with Dees about having a shite team.

That sounds like somebody has been threatened with disappearing into Clatto reservoir if they don't listen. Sometimes direct actions the only option.

I told him I'd get Non Deluded Dee to bring back WaWa if he didn't go four at the back. He agreed to my demands immediately.

Team I would like to see;

Kawashima

McGowan, Donaldson,Demel, Robson

Spittal,Rankin,Souttar, Erskine or Dow

Murray and McKay

But the team we will play :(

Kawashima

Dillon, Durnan, Gunning

Rankin, Demel

McGowan Spittal

Erskine

McKay Riski

Team I would like to see;

Kawashima

McGowan, Donaldson,Demel, Robson

Spittal,Rankin,Souttar, Erskine or Dow

Murray and McKay

But the team we will play :(

Kawashima

Dillon, Durnan, Gunning

Rankin, Demel

McGowan Spittal

Erskine

McKay Riski

Are you hoping that you buy McGowan back?

Archived