Dundee Utd vs Killie

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough Demel had a shocker at the Derby but I would rather have Demel than Durnan. Demel can at least pass and control the ball...

He was your best player until he was fucked after half an hour.

He's not quick enough to play centre half. He also can't move after 30mins or so.

He can't run. Therefor - he can't track. He'll be sat in the middle of the box playing everyone onside.

It's fucking crazy, but you have a point. If the attacker runs right to him or they play the ball in the air within a two yard radius, then yeah, he'll more than likely win the ball.

Why do Arabs want Demel at CH?!

Ooft.

I can understand where people are coming from as its someone who has presence and is reasonably good with the ball at their feet. Demel may be less mobile than a pile of bricks but lee Wilkie and Darren Dodds were never the quickest and were on the whole stable and reliable. Deploying him as part of 3 at the back its asking for trouble but I reckon he could do a job as part of a back 4.

It's not as if our defence is solid or anything. It's shite. I think Demel would make a shite defence slightly less shite. Especially if Mixu wants to play suicidal passing from the back.

Edit to add I would play him in a back 4 as I said. Wouldn't play him in a back 3, not got the legs for it.

Who can you see playing left wing-back if Dixon is unavailable?

I'd bet on a change this week.

As someone suggested earlier we might see Spittal swap sides. I'd like to see Robson get a shout but with it being such a big game he might want someone with more experience.

I'd like to see a change of shape but I see Mixu as similar to McNamara in being far too stubborn tactically to change his system for anyone.

I'd shake things up a bit for this first cup final of three:

Kawa

Dillon Gunning Donaldson Durnan H.Souttar Dixon Spark

Spittal Demel PatesnRanks J.Souttar Dow

Fraser Riski Telfer

McKay Muirhead Murray

1-0 United last minute o.g.

By shake up you mean cheat! 20 players including suspended players. Same old United always cheating!

We need to be better at playing on the edges of the laws of the game right now.

although not as big as Hamilton the following week.

Nonsense, every game in our position is as big as any other.

If we lose on Saturday, Accies win (unlikely) then suddenly beating Hamilton would only have us level with them again.

Every game is important.

For what it's worth - and I know the answer is nothing - but speaking from experience with Dundee the problem you have is glaringly obvious...time.

Even if you win one game, the probability is you'll not win the next. So It's 3 steps forward and 1 step back, at best. 14 points is a helluva big gap when you're not winning game after game.

So, 14 points doesn't seem insurmountable on paper...it isn't...but the clock will get you.

Archived