Dundee Utd vs Killie

You get the feeling that mixu is waiting for the team to "click" and that once it happens, the formation, signings etc will all make sense. We saw no sign of that at the back of end last season, the beginning of this season, and since mixu has come in, so you've got to be realistic about what we're going to get out of this game. At best, a score draw.

Whats interesting is that the teams above us are all bunched so close together, so if we do start to get draws/ the odd win it could really have an effect on who ends up in the drop seat with us.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You get the feeling that mixu is waiting for the team to "click" and that once it happens, the formation, signings etc will all make sense.

That's exactly what happened when he was in charge of us. We were bottom of the league when we won 3-0 at tynecastle and ended up qualifying for the top six with a couple of games to spare.

I wonder if it's too late for Dundee United, but if so it'll definitely be a lot closer by the end of the season. I can't help but feel all the finality they were using on Sportsound on Saturday is very premature. Genuinely nervous about Saturday.

We lose this, we are down...if we aren't already

You've had quite a few games already where you could say that. I think it's probably just about out of reach now.

Can't wait until we approach the games which could officially relegate you. Hoping we get the chance but not sure the fixtures really lend themselves to that.

You've had quite a few games already where you could say that. I think it's probably just about out of reach now.

Can't wait until we approach the games which could officially relegate you. Hoping we get the chance but not sure the fixtures really lend themselves to that.

If, and it's a big if, we're making progress and have closed the gap a bit before the split, there's still15 points at stake - 15 from 45 points the bottom 6 will be playing for. If Mixu's plan clicks like it did at Kilie, who knows?

It's unlikely to happen but... I'm just worried that we pick up 6 points from the next 2 games, get our hopes raised and then it all goes to complete shit.

I've stayed clear of match threads for a wee while due to making a superstitious connection between my taking a break and Killie actually getting a couple of results. I am, however, a human being theoretically capable of seeing that for the bollox it undoubtedly is, so....

Kiltie to continue showing how important it was to secure his services, Josh (it was a one-match suspension, yeah?) to remind Caley why last week could have been worse, and Jamie Hammill to continue his transformation from has-been to SuperHero.

Arabs 4, Kille 5 (Kiltie, Magennis, Hammill(3))

You playing without a keeper, even then doubtful the Dabs could put it in the net, four times in 90mins.

Barbour and Ashcroft still on our books, and Locke in charge...

Lee Ashcroft has been excellent in the last three matches. Granted, you don't watch Killie and he has been poor for a few seasons, but it looks as if he has certainly improved his composure during his spell out the team. Still far from a top defender, but more than an adequate reserve.

I'd like to come on here and warn the Killie fans which of our players are really dangerous and who to look out for.

I'll have a wee think about it before Saturday and see what I can come up with.

Lee Ashcroft has been excellent in the last three matches. Granted, you don't watch Killie and he has been poor for a few seasons, but it looks as if he has certainly improved his composure during his spell out the team. Still far from a top defender, but more than an adequate reserve.

What's wrong with Ashcroft?

Granted I've not seen a great deal of the team in the last few years (been three times in the last two years), but I've not been over impressed with what I've seen of him. Mainly what tv coverage we get, obviously, but he seems to crop up in some odd positions for someone who, playing for us in the last couple of years, should be getting the basics of his job right before trying to mix things up. Still streets ahead of (what I've seen of) Barbour, though. I've been told he can be a bit rash in the tackle, though, so hopefully he's calming down as well.

If he's improved as qlp says, fair enough. In fairness, the team look (from what I've seen) a bit more composed, so that would naturally help him settle.

Archived