Weekend Betting 22/1 - 24)1

cdhafc1874

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear...no pressure!

We should win hopefully, and definitely some revenge in the air given the way we lost their earlier in the season.

The minus 2 & 3 look extremely bold to me though, despite our recent strong form.

Wouldn't back us -3 away from home to anyone tbh.

Newcastle are tempting at around 13/5 away at Watford. Watford are on a bit of a slide and I can't help but thinking that they'll get found out in the second half of the season. I'd rate Newcastle's current starting XI as the stronger of the two.

Meant to include something about tonight's match in my betting preview

There has been a goal inside the first 15 minutes in the last 7 matches involving Dundee, that's quite a trend and I believe they have scored the lions share of them

Thistle, County, Accies, St Johnstone I think for sure. Arabs & Well scored 1st against them but in the 12th & 6th minute I think.

I am backing there being an early goal again tonight (0-15) @ 3.25 (9/4) with William Hill. You can get 7/1 on Dundee to score in the first 15 minutes and I was sorely tempted with that one.

Also going for BTTS & +2.5 goals (combined) @ 2.38 (11/8) also with William Hill

Clyde to beat montrose even NOT East Stirling. Clyde are 13/10 at paddys looks good to me

We haven't played in 3 weeks, I would be worried about our match fitness. I'd rather unders on the goals at the same price with B365 (6/8 of our away league games this season have been under 2.5).

Meant to include something about tonight's match in my betting preview

There has been a goal inside the first 15 minutes in the last 7 matches involving Dundee, that's quite a trend and I believe they have scored the lions share of them

Or it could just be a random chain of occurrences, which happen in football all the time. Without a legit reason explaining why early goals are happening in Dundee matches, that's all we really have to work with.

I actually looked at Huddersfield to beat Brighton ..

I am more looking at value that my own actual shite coupon I will put on.

Spurs at evens away at palace

Motherwell at 6/4 home v Ross county

Airdrie evens at Brechin.

For my own coupon...

Standard over 2 goals, over 4 cards and over 12 corners in the two early games 2x£4 trebles n £2 accy - £10

Over 1.5 goals in a close your eyes n mark the coupon 22 fold - £5

Over 3.5 goals in 5 games - Sunderland, Fulham, gillingham, Exeter, Grimsby £2.50

Over 3.5 goals in 4 games - Motherwell, Livingston, Albion, Elgin £3.50

Over 4.5 goals in 3 games - Cardiff wycombe Celtic £4

SW - Bournemouth, Man Utd, Leicester £5

SW - sheff utd gills Walsall £5

Then probably a £15 accy with faves I will pick on the day.

Absolutely no thought behind the picks.

Or it could just be a random chain of occurrences, which happen in football all the time. Without a legit reason explaining why early goals are happening in Dundee matches, that's all we really have to work with.

Absolutely right, it could just be a random chain of events. Or it could be a trend. Spotting trends can be invaluable in betting and if this is one there is a chance of profit, all be it I am very late to catch on to it.

Best bet of the weekend? Has to be Stranraer doesn’t it!

Seriously, think this weekend is a pretty tough one, especially on the W/D/W at teams at backable prices (i.e no shorter than about 10/11).

Spent a fair bit of time deliberating over certain teams but could not pull the trigger on them in terms of big singles e.g. East Fife I was put off by fact Shire have won 6 times at home, Clyde by factors such as a lack of recent action and Montrose signing of Templeman, West Brom by their own inconsistency and Villa’s recent slight improvement. Man Utd as although results have picked up they remain unconvincing, Hearts by a fear that there might be a reaction from Hamilton.

In the end plumped for just one single: Sunderland DNB 6/5 v Bournemouth. Backing Allardyce more so than Sunderland here, I trust him to get the job done when it matters having backed them v Villa and at Swansea already this year and this game falls into a similar category. Elected for a bit of caution by DNB as Bournemouth are actually 6th in the form league when games 12-24 only of the Prem to date are considered.

Also doubled Man Utd 37/40 and East Fife 11/10 on smaller stakes than normal.

And similarly Hearts 2+ goals and Everton 2+ goals on Sunday.

Also done a 4 fold on Sunderland BTTS plus over 2.5 at Cowdenbeath, East Stirling and Montrose at about 6/1.

And will fire on an ambitious accumulator for loose change and interest, probably involving the Sheffield Wednesday, Tottenham, West Brom, Forfar and Clyde.

Albion Rovers are a massive price. Ayr's injury crisis has got worse with only one fully fit midfielder and a makeshift defence. They are a completely different team when these key players are missing and if turd like Stranraer can get a result then Albion have a great chance. Lost the last few away and are still favourites which is baffling.

Archived