Dundee Utd (H)

Ross County (A)

Celtic (H)

Motherwell (H)

Inverness Caley Thistle (A)

Partick Thistle (H)

Aberdeen (A)

Dundee (H)

The absence of Celtic makes Utd's run look a touch easier but every away game is to places they have struggled (possibly with the exception of Motherwell?). Their home games are also against the stronger teams in the league - surely you would prefer home advantage over the teams around you?

Anyone gonna have a stab at the points from each game for each team?

I think the relegation fight will be alive and well come the split and that's when it will become really cut throat.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did a quick score predictor. Utd 10 points, Killie 7 and Hamilton 5 before the split I got.

This would leave Utd 8 behind Killie and 7 behind Hamilton and would be a huge ask if it worked out this way. The split is a cracking way to pick up points though as you have 5 cup finals against guaranteed shyte teams with at least one game against a team already on their holidays.

Hopefully Killie get 3 home ties this time as we have suffered from having only 2 previously. The predictor probably would have had DU top 6 though and this generally screws up the numbers a wee bit.

Edit: poor maths

Lets look at the run ins to the split:-

Utd -

Partick Thistle (A)

Hamilton (A)

Motherwell (H)

Hearts (H)

Ross County (A)

Aberdeen (H)

Motherwell (A)

Dundee (H)

St. Johnstone (A)

Inverness Caley Thistle (H)

Kilmarnock -

Hamilton (H)

Motherwell (A)

Dundee (H)

Hearts (A)

Ross County (H)

Aberdeen (A)

Celtic (H)

Partick Thistle (A)

St. Johnstone (H)

Hamilton -

Kilmarnock (A)

Dundee Utd (H)

Ross County (A)

Celtic (H)

Motherwell (H)

Partick Thistle (H)

Aberdeen (A)

Dundee (H)

The absence of Celtic makes Utd's run look a touch easier but every away game is to places they have struggled (possibly with the exception of Motherwell?). Their home games are also against the stronger teams in the league - surely you would prefer home advantage over the teams around you?

I think the relegation fight will be alive and well come the split and that's when it will become really cut throat.

If it's free...I'll take a pop -

Utd - 7 points (draws with Accies/Well twice and Dundee; win v ICT)

Killie - 4 points (draws v Accies/Dundee/County/Saints)

Hamilton - 5 points (draws with Killie/Utd/Well/Partick and Dundee)

Leaving Utd 8 adrift going into the split-near enough 3 games. With only 5 to play that's a big, big ask. I'd say 10th is out of their (Utd) reach as it would need too many unexpected results going their way and 11th is, as i said, a hig, big ask.

Stranger things have happened...but not too often.

On our *great* run to the playoffs last year, our form picked up towards the end of the season, we even handed out a couple of doings (including a 5-0 and a 4-0) but despite the gap to the teams above never being more than a couple of points, we never caught any of them as they all continued to pick up points here and there. For Utd to even make the playoffs, they need to hope that one team is basically done with winning this season and that they - magically - start being spectacularly consistent in the way that County did last season. It's difficult to think of a plausible way for Utd to finish 11th..

No 1 from 6th place downwards are safe yet. Kilmarnock are so unpredictable it's worrying! Dundee I think have enough about them going forward. 1 team that's hardly been mentioned relegation wise is Inverness they are a good team but I wouldn't be surprised if they were in bottom 3 or 4 this year.

Lets look at the run ins to the split:-

Utd -

Partick Thistle (A)

Hamilton (A)

Motherwell (H)

Hearts (H)

Ross County (A)

Aberdeen (H)

Motherwell (A)

Dundee (H)

St. Johnstone (A)

Inverness Caley Thistle (H)

Kilmarnock -

Hamilton (H)

Motherwell (A)

Dundee (H)

Hearts (A)

Ross County (H)

Aberdeen (A)

Celtic (H)

Partick Thistle (A)

St. Johnstone (H)

Hamilton -

Kilmarnock (A)

Dundee Utd (H)

Ross County (A)

Celtic (H)

Motherwell (H)

Partick Thistle (H)

Aberdeen (A)

Dundee (H)

I've got us down for 26 points from those fixtures.

I've got us down for 26 points from those fixtures.

Optimistic, but who knows?

I think the mistake everyone is making is in thinking that United will continue to perform the way they've done in the first 23 games. It's quite possible that, with Mixu having given up on this 'playing out from the back' shite, future results might improve.

I know I'm probably guilty of believing that Saturday was the way we can play every week but at least we know we CAN play that way now. For a team lacking confidence this season, that belief might make all the difference.

I really think its 50/50 over whether Saturday was the real, and future, United or not.

I don't think motherwell can be discounted at this stage. They've changed their manager and are still on the same number of points as us. The mcgee dead cat bounce seems to have petered out with them still in the mix. Having said that I would say United narrowly finishing bottom and us beating Falkirk in a playoff.

I wouldn't write Dundee Utd off just yet. All it takes is a couple of back to back wins...especially if they can get that in the next few games against the teams around them & all of a sudden they are back in the mix and able to chip away at the gap between them and the teams above them.

1 team that's hardly been mentioned relegation wise is Inverness they are a good team but I wouldn't be surprised if they were in bottom 3 or 4 this year.

Just about any realistic ICT supporter will agree with you. We just haven't been creating enough or scoring enough to put any significant distance between us and the teams currently below us. I think what might keep us safe in the end is the quality and experience in the spine of the team. Warren, Draper and Tansey know each other really well and are proven top six players, and with them we've been able to grind out points even while playing pretty poorly. For that reason, I don't see us collapsing, but I could see a lot more horrible 0-0 games like Saturday's getting us over the line.

Just about any realistic ICT supporter will agree with you. We just haven't been creating enough or scoring enough to put any significant distance between us and the teams currently below us. I think what might keep us safe in the end is the quality and experience in the spine of the team. Warren, Draper and Tansey know each other really well and are proven top six players, and with them we've been able to grind out points even while playing pretty poorly. For that reason, I don't see us collapsing, but I could see a lot more horrible 0-0 games like Saturday's getting us over the line.

I genuinely think we have a similar problem! But I think you made a mistake selling Christie and agreeing hais loan until the end of the season could be cancelled. I think you's may be in the same boat as ourselfs.

I don't think motherwell can be discounted at this stage. They've changed their manager and are still on the same number of points as us. The mcgee dead cat bounce seems to have petered out with them still in the mix. Having said that I would say United narrowly finishing bottom and us beating Falkirk in a playoff.

For the play-off, it's a fair comment - we are no more out of it than anyone else. As for dead-cat bounces - all I can say as someone who watches it every week, we are a far better team under McGhee than we were under Barraclough. That's not to say we are anything special of course, 'cos we're not - but I'd be surprised if we were in the play-off again this time..

Can't see United going down, they will kick on from saturday and finish well clear of the play offs or worst case destroy play off oponents I would say they have the best team in the bottom 6 and with Mixu at the helm will be top 3 next season.

Boyd to get his second Killie hat-trick at Ibrox was definately mentioned by Nostradamus. He wasnt clear about it being in the cup or the play offs though.

I've got it as Dundee United picking up 14, ourselves with 11, Accies with 5.

Killie 35

Hamilton 30

Dundee United 27

At least one other team is getting pulled right into this. Probably Motherwell.

I've got it as Dundee United picking up 14, ourselves with 11, Accies with 5.

Killie 35

Hamilton 30

Dundee United 27

At least one other team is getting pulled right into this. Probably Motherwell.

Out if interest, how did you arrive at those points. United to pick up 14 from 30?

It's a tough ask for United reading all these comments and predictions. However should they do it they really need a couple of teams above them to utterly collapse. Killie are shocking most of the time, however they keep picking up important points. Time is running out for Locke as its not impossible for them to only pick up 5-6 points until the split. Accies seem to be in free fall which gives united hope but Accies are fighting very hard. That was a good point versus a highly confident Jambos team.

It'd be stupid to say Jags Motherwell and Caley are not in this fight. At least for the play off. I don't think anyone will be relegated by the split. It's going to get tough but I think the two Thistles have enough in tank and Motherwell have experience.

For me it's between United, Accies and Killie. The sad thing this year is that whomever gets the playoff is probably going down as Hibs and Rangers look much improved on last year. Love to see Falkirk cause an upset but I just don't see it.

United 12th and Killie 11th. So tough.

Archived