Whose Going Down?

Making a dash for the most stupid statement ever made.

Ok so if had a few bevvies when I made this statement and it's slightly dramatic. ;-)

However I still believe sevco and Hibs are better teams than last year. It's a pretty torturous affair going through that playoff.

In my opinion you finish 11th you're going to find it difficult to stay up this year.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so if had a few bevvies when I made this statement and it's slightly dramatic. ;-)

However I still believe sevco and Hibs are better teams than last year. It's a pretty torturous affair going through that playoff.

In my opinion you finish 11th you're going to find it difficult to stay up this year.

Just remember last season. Most folks would have put their mortgage on Sevco beating Motherwell, instead they got thumped.

Doesn't mean that it will be easy for the 11th place this season but I reckon your non-bevying self would take it rather than outright relegation. :P

Always better to have a chance than not.

Personally i hope we are well away from it this as i think hibs/Sevco are in better shape this year.

I can see United pulling back and getting closer, a lot depends on if last weekend was a one off or not. Killie seem to be all over the place so Ill go for Killie 11th, Utd 12th.

Can't see Dundee United turning it round but I may be wrong. Anyway I think they will definitely be in the bottom two even if they get off the bottom.

With the other teams there isn't much between 11th to about 3rd in the league so we are talking about very small margins.

Personally although we are down there at the moment I just can't see us finishing in the bottom two. We are a million miles better under McGhee than we were under Baraclough and even though we've drawn and lost a few home matches recently I've felt our performances in those games were pretty good and we are bound to pick up enough points over the rest of the season.

Got to say I've always been impressed when I've seen Partick Thistle over the last couple of seasons, always look very well organized and are no easy marks for anyone. Alan Archibald has done a really good job there as far as I can see and I can't see them going down either.

Since St. Johnstone, Ross County and Dundee probably have enough points on the board to stay away from the lower reaches, that leaves Kilmarnock and Hamilton.

Kilmarnock seem to be very up and down. Personally, on paper I think they have a decent enough mid table side there but I suppose the question marks are over the manager, chairman and a sense of general local apathy towards the team.

Hamilton, without wanting to rile our neighbours, are not really a Premiership level side in terms of fan base and income and you have to think its only a matter of time before they go back down a level. Their form players from last season (I had two in my team of the season last term) don't seem to be doing as well this term, they have an inexperienced, some might say 'diddy', manager and teams that give away that many goals are always going to be in big trouble.

So I say it will be Dundee Utd and Hamilton.

Can't see Dundee United turning it round but I may be wrong. Anyway I think they will definitely be in the bottom two even if they get off the bottom.

With the other teams there isn't much between 11th to about 3rd in the league so we are talking about very small margins.

Personally although we are down there at the moment I just can't see us finishing in the bottom two. We are a million miles better under McGhee than we were under Baraclough and even though we've drawn and lost a few home matches recently I've felt our performances in those games were pretty good and we are bound to pick up enough points over the rest of the season.

Got to say I've always been impressed when I've seen Partick Thistle over the last couple of seasons, always look very well organized and are no easy marks for anyone. Alan Archibald has done a really good job there as far as I can see and I can't see them going down either.

Since St. Johnstone, Ross County and Dundee probably have enough points on the board to stay away from the lower reaches, that leaves Kilmarnock and Hamilton.

Kilmarnock seem to be very up and down. Personally, on paper I think they have a decent enough mid table side there but I suppose the question marks are over the manager, chairman and a sense of general local apathy towards the team.

Hamilton, without wanting to rile our neighbours, are not really a Premiership level side in terms of fan base and income and you have to think its only a matter of time before they go back down a level. Their form players from last season (I had two in my team of the season last term) don't seem to be doing as well this term, they have an inexperienced, some might say 'diddy', manager and teams that give away that many goals are always going to be in big trouble.

So I say it will be Dundee Utd and Hamilton.

I really think Kilmarnock fans have a point about Gary locke playing guys out of position. For example is Stevie Smith former rangers player, not a left back? And he plays him as a sitting midfielder while playing a young guy who's never played left back I'm his life in that position? I think Hamilton will pick up more draws and wins than Kilmarnock and I think Dundee United can pick up more wins than Hamilton or Killie. That's if canning and locke stay. And I agree we will be safe but only if we get 2 or 3 decent signings in because we are very short on players.

I hope you're right.

Just remember last season. Most folks would have put their mortgage on Sevco beating Motherwell, instead they got thumped.

Doesn't mean that it will be easy for the 11th place this season but I reckon your non-bevying self would take it rather than outright relegation. :P

Thought Rangers were really poor against Morton the other night even though their fans say they had an extra gear or two. Wouldn't be surprised if team 11 won the playoffs against Hibs/Falkirk/whoever.

I guarantee you'll find it harder to stay up if you finish 12th than 11th.

That joke doesn't work. But you'd be right.

Compared to last year I think it's a tough order. In my opinion Sevco and Hibs look tougher potential opponents.

Sevco last year where in dire straits. I don't forsee them making the mistake a second time.

After today i really fear for Killie, they look totally bereft of confidence. Plus, Kris Boyd plays for them.

Boyd has had very little game time this season but for some reason Locke thought it was a good idea to bring him in for the biggest game of the season whens it has been clear that a team with him and Magennis doesn't work

Locke has lost the dressing room imo, Get him so far to f**k

Boyd has had very little game time this season but for some reason Locke thought it was a good idea to bring him in for the biggest game of the season whens it has been clear that a team with him and Magennis doesn't work

But not yet.

I was impressed with his adopted hair. Makes him look much younger.

Celtic aren't trying to hinder Sevco. They're desperate to see them in the top tier for the first time

I always like seeing different clubs winning things. Same they have similar fans to the ones Rangers used to.

Archived