Whose Going Down?

They have a vastly superior squad to the one that sunk Hbs.

I'm not sure that the Hibs squad was that bad, I just think that they fell to total shit and were poorly managed.

Ben Williams is a good goalie and is playing for Bradford now at League One level. McPake, Thomson, Heffernan, Craig and Cairney all played top flight football the following season (with Cairney having the worst time) while McGivern and Collins are playing League One football coping quite well.

On top of that, Robertson would have been a decent signing for most teams in the league and then there were a couple like Hanlon and Stevenson who could probably find a bottom 6 club pretty quickly if released.

I'm not stating that these guys were all stars and much better than the rest of the league but I think that their relegation shows pretty much most of the league (excluding the top 3) what can happen very quickly. Going by the previous and post status of their squad, that team should really not have went down.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure that the Hibs squad was that bad, I just think that they fell to total shit and were poorly managed.

Ben Williams is a good goalie and is playing for Bradford now at League One level. McPake, Thomson, Heffernan, Craig and Cairney all played top flight football the following season (with Cairney having the worst time) while McGivern and Collins are playing League One football coping quite well.

On top of that, Robertson would have been a decent signing for most teams in the league and then there were a couple like Hanlon and Stevenson who could probably find a bottom 6 club pretty quickly if released.

I'm not stating that these guys were all stars and much better than the rest of the league but I think that their relegation shows pretty much most of the league (excluding the top 3) what can happen very quickly. Going by the previous and post status of their squad, that team should really not have went down.

The squad may not be stronger than the Hibs one was, but their manager is obviously far superior to the Hibs one at the time.

Dundee United are doomed, probably between Killie, Motherwell and Hamilton for 11th based on nothing more than the fact they have been in that position pretty much all season.

If United were to go on a W-D-L run they would get 32 points, only 6 more than 'Well have now so they would need a significant change in results to even make 11th.

You can tinker around the edges and try and dress it up anyway you want using out of date statistics but Utd are not going down. Acceptance of this is where solace lies to alleviate your collective angst.

^^^

Darren Jackson likes this comment :thumsup2

Tonight will be a major pointer as to who goes straight down and who finishes 11th or above. It's a must win for both sides and despite what our manager said the other day, a point is no good to us given our tough up and coming fixtures. We need every single point we can get now.

You can tinker around the edges and try and dress it up anyway you want using out of date statistics but Utd are not going down. Acceptance of this is where solace lies to alleviate your collective angst.

It's the hope that sustains you, until you get Peter Pawlett diving in the box and it's then that all that built up, and dreamy, hope evaporates to leave a shallow emptiness. That's relegation. Trust me pal. Been there.

United are gone. For 11th i'd say Killie as they are comfortably the worst team i have seen this season. I appreciate they may get the new manager bounce but silk purse, sows ear and all that.

Clark's a shite manager - the only bounce I can see them getting is down the way.

Poor united, they humped us and thought it was a sign of things to come just like Gretna, Dunfermline,Partick, ICT and Ross County before them. Maybe, just maybe we've turned a corner they thought. Nope, turns out we just love getting bummed by rubbish teams.

Archived