Scotrail

ScottR96

It's pretty rare that a Virgin or TPE leaves Carlisle going north on time so I think it extends below the border. The amount of times Scotrail services are held for these late running services as well is shocking.

No point in giving him actual facts mate. He’ll just ignore them as they don’t suit his views.

On 18/12/2019 at 21:28, The_Kincardine said:

Easy going from Euston or Kings X to Glasgow or Edinburgh but once you get to Jockland the problems begin.  Want to run a country?  They can't even run a train  service between two cities 50 miles apart.

My wee yin has an interview at the Uni of Bath on the 10th of Feb and I booked return tickets for us both an hour ago.  £43.60 return for each of us from Amersham to Bath Spa and I know the trains will run on time.

In the people's republic of the Scotch?  Absolutely nothing like that.

On 18/12/2019 at 21:41, Zen Archer Esq. said:

A stonking read, thanks Boris.

On 19/12/2019 at 09:33, 19QOS19 said:
Easy going from Euston or Kings X to Glasgow or Edinburgh but once you get to Jockland the problems begin.  Want to run a country?  They can't even run a train  service between two cities 50 miles apart.
My wee yin has an interview at the Uni of Bath on the 10th of Feb and I booked return tickets for us both an hour ago.  £43.60 return for each of us from Amersham to Bath Spa and I know the trains will run on time.

It's pretty rare that a Virgin or TPE leaves Carlisle going north on time so I think it extends below the border. The amount of times Scotrail services are held for these late running services as well is shocking.

Im lead to believe the most common delays we have is down to infrastructure which is controlled by Network Rail which comes under Westminster.  Unlucky Kincy you blinkered bigot.

Dont know why people bother keep entertaining the gin soaked idiot.

A quick google shows how well his journey via south west trains will be [emoji6]

Im lead to believe the most common delays we have is down to infrastructure which is controlled by Network Rail which comes under Westminster.  Unlucky Kincy you blinkered bigot.

27 minutes ago, gannonball said:

So that's everyone in love with Scotrail now, eh?

11 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

A quick google shows how well his journey via south west trains will be emoji6.png

South West Trains?  Which no longer exists and which didn't run on the Paddington to Bath Spa route anyway?  And I'm the, 'gin soaked idiot'?

Aah gwr now? Been a couple of years since i used to travel on that route
Anyway has it improved? Or is it delays delays delays?

South West Trains?  Which no longer exists and which didn't run on the Paddington to Bath Spa route anyway?  And I'm the, 'gin soaked idiot'?

I really hope Gincardine isn't alone this Christmas. He is piling into the turps early and at a worrying rate. Getting increasingly hateful and utterly consumed with anything to do with 'the natters'.

I don't have much relevant experience with Scotrail as I am only back a handful of times a year. Having lived in london for nearly ten years, I can confirm that commuter train services there are not only awful but shockingly over priced. 

Edited by JMDP

7 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Aah gwr now? Been a couple of years since i used to travel on that route
Anyway has it improved? Or is it delays delays delays?

No.  South Western Railway - and they still don;t run between Paddington and Bath.  GWR do and have done for a long time.

'a quick google' - which you boasted about - is not really your forte.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Deary me i said "Gwr now"

No.  South Western Railway - and they still don;t run between Paddington and Bath.  GWR do and have done for a long time.
'a quick google' - which you boasted about - is not really your forte.

It really isn’t difficult to dismantle Kincardine’s drink-fuelled idiocy at the best of times but using rail travel as a stick to beat ‘jockoland’ with 😂😂

I take it he hasn’t heard of Southern Rail?

Glasgow - Edinburgh isn’t even close to being Scotrail’s worst service either. Between Central and Queen St, there are over a dozen trains between the two cities every hour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On 18/12/2019 at 22:01, Scary Bear said:

I see we’ll get rid in 2022.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-50841814

Sounds good, but I wonder what the next 2 years will be like now Abellio know their days are numbered. They were shite even when they were trying.

On 19/12/2019 at 09:33, 19QOS19 said:

On 20/12/2019 at 16:46, gannonball said:

On 20/12/2019 at 17:01, doulikefish said:

A quick google shows how well his journey via south west trains will be emoji6.png

Well I was hoping I could come back and say how well our trip on decent English rail could be but Big Ciara thwarted me.  We decided last night that we'd drive rather than risk the trains being out of synch/cancelled/delayed so I am sorry that I can't gloat.  The weather on the M4 , from when we joined at Maidenhead to well past Swindon,, was about the worst I have ever experienced as a driver - and I've had some years when I clocked up over 50,000 miles.

Still, my wee yin's interview went well and, just after we left Membury Services, she got an email from the Uni making her an unconditional offer.  Trebles all round ;)

On 19/12/2019 at 10:38, Scary Bear said:

The amount of money they spend on transport infrastructure in London compared to the rest of the UK should be a concern to everyone outside London. 

Where I live, rural Somerset, the railway line got closed in the Beeching cuts.

Now with the 1 bus service,  once an hour during weekdays, last bus about 6.30pm, and nothing on Sundays....,

most people round here are just thankful when the thing actually shows up.

Oh, and it's always First's oldest buses.

On London, it's a case of what London wants, London gets. That's what happens when an excess

of economic and political power resides there.  In reality , London is parasiting on the rest of the country. 

Aside from independence for Scotland, what rUK needs is revolution. Just my opinion of course.

• 8 months later...