Scotrail

ScottR96

Not sure how much daily overtime they can do, presumably there are maximum hours like lorry drivers, but as I understand it they can work 2 rest days a month, so 2 x 5 day weeks and 2 x 6 day weeks, if they choose.

9 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

No I didn't have a go at them - I said they shouldn't have to work overtime and rest days to run the service.

Nobody on this thread has suggested they should. You appear to have got the wrong end of the stick with that post.

30 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

No I didn't have a go at them - I said they shouldn't have to work overtime and rest days to run the service.

If you weren’t trying to then that’s how it looked. Your post did not look like it was agreeing/re-stating the content of the post you had quoted.

22 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Nobody on this thread has suggested they should. You appear to have got the wrong end of the stick with that post.

But that is what they are having to do (work rest days and overtime to run the service), and I am saying they shouldn't have to. They can if they want, but they shouldn't have to.

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

If you weren’t trying to then that’s how it looked. Your post did not look like it was agreeing/re-stating the content of the post you had quoted.

O.K.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

But that is what they are having to do (work rest days and overtime to run the service), and I am saying they shouldn't have to. They can if they want, but they shouldn't have to.

Why should they get to do it if they want if it might be dangerous?

The system shouldn't rely on goodwill and should be fully staffed but the unions don't want that either.

They want the OT and they want the ability to hold management over a barrel. 

Not sure how much daily overtime they can do, presumably there are maximum hours like lorry drivers, but as I understand it they can work 2 rest days a month, so 2 x 5 day weeks and 2 x 6 day weeks, if they choose.

They can do as many days as they want providing they have 12 hours rest between shifts. They would have to be given an automatic day off on the 13/14th day (can't remember which).

They can do as many days as they want providing they have 12 hours rest between shifts. They would have to be given an automatic day off on the 13/14th day (can't remember which).
If they are the same as track staff they can work 13 shifts in a row before being required to take a day off.

If they are the same as track staff they can work 13 shifts in a row before being required to take a day off.
Aye sounds right. I knew 13 was there but was sure if it was on the 13th day or after the 13th shift.

Just back from Germany where for the next three month a ticket that covers all public transport (apart from high speed trains) for the full calendar moth is 9 Euro. The government brought it in to help folk deal with the cost of living crisis. Clear vote winner. Wonder if ScotGov/ScotRaill will try something similar here once the timetable's sorted. 

59 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Just back from Germany where for the next three month a ticket that covers all public transport (apart from high speed trains) for the full calendar moth is 9 Euro. The government brought it in to help folk deal with the cost of living crisis. Clear vote winner. Wonder if ScotGov/ScotRaill will try something similar here once the timetable's sorted. 

Not a chance 

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I think it's costing 2.5 billion euros, even scaled down for Scotrail it's not affordable for a Government who can't borrow amidst loads of other demands, along with trying to negotiate deals with the rail unions.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, ajwffc said:

Aye sounds right. I knew 13 was there but was sure if it was on the 13th day or after the 13th shift.

What are your normal hours without overtime, if you don't mind me asking? None of my business I know...

What are your normal hours without overtime, if you don't mind me asking? None of my business I know...
It varies tbh. Some jobs are just under 8 hours some are just under 10 and anything in between. My earliest start is 4am and latest finish (normal service) is around 2am. The week is normally around 36 hours on average I'm sure, over 4 days.

9 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Then they should tell their union that.  The union has a say in how many drivers are trained.

I see they slipped through cuts to the HS2 plans that would have speeded up links to Scotland during all the PM drama yesterday. Partly a bribe to the 1922 committee chairman by the looks of it.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jun/07/rail-bosses-outraged-as-hs2-golborne-link-quietly-scrapped 

Anyone know if the Aberdeen to Inverness line signalling is performed by Network Rail or Scotrail staff? I'm supposed to be travelling on it during 2 of the three RMT strike days coming up, which doesn't include Scotrail as yet.

https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-launch-3-days-of-national-train-strike-action/

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Anyone know if the Aberdeen to Inverness line signalling is performed by Network Rail or Scotrail staff? I'm supposed to be travelling on it during 2 of the three RMT strike days coming up, which doesn't include Scotrail as yet.

https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-launch-3-days-of-national-train-strike-action/

Anything to do with signalling and infrastructure work is down to Network Rail.