Scotrail

ScottR96

11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

A tick under 9% rise in fares next year. Gotta pay for those payrises (and peak fare subsidy) somehow I guess.

As a gentleman of advancing years with a concession card and the off peak reduction, my daily return fare in to town is now £1.50.

33 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I use trains a lot, and I'm quite happy with this. You don't, and you're not.

This is my point.

I didn't say whether I was happy with it or not. I passed comment on what is a relatively substantial rise and why I thought it was likely needed.

I'm confused why someone who uses trains "a lot" would be "quite happy" at a near 9% fare increase all the same.

2 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

:oops Its all part of the Westminster conspiracy.

If you're a moron, sure:

Last year, the [English] government increased national rail fares by 5.9%, which was well below July 2022's RPI figure of 12.3%.

But it was still the largest hike since 2012, according to regulator the Office of Rail and Road.

So English fares have increased by 10.8% over at least two cycles;

Scottish fares have increased by 13.5% - but the scrapping of peak time fares means that for the vast majority of regular and high cost users, the price remains a wash from the introduction of that scheme until at least June 2024. 

If that scheme gets binned, then you'd have a point - until that point, I'm sure that @HibeeJibee and co. will graciously concede that their new-found first into political chat is a work in progress. 

6 minutes ago, strichener said:

Of course you can, if you are someone that thinks a 10% increase followed by a 10% decrease leaves you with the same amount.

The very same post called someone else a 'moron'.

What is it the youngsters call this these days? Self-owning or something similar?