Scotrail

ScottR96

17 minutes ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

Landslide cancelling trains between Glasgow and Edinburgh via Falkirk High. That's not Scotrail's fault but the last train back from low level is 22.30 and nothing from central later either. They could surely put on a 23.30 out of low level to Edinburgh via Bathgate as a replacement for the cancelled 23.00 and 23.30 via Falkirk High. Will need to get the fucking bus home after Chris Rock now.

As an aside, my daughter arrived at Waverley this afternoon knowing she'd need a bus transfer between Edinburgh Park & Linlithgow but was told by two separate Scotrail staff that ALL trains to Edinburgh Park had been cancelled - she's now on a bus but has discovered that info was totally incorrect, her friend is on a train,  she's ok with it but I'm slightly feckin annoyed, particularly since the duff info was dished out to a young female travelling alone.

As a further aside: I see Kez want's the FM to fix the landslide :wacko:

As an aside, my daughter arrived at Waverley this afternoon knowing she'd need a bus transfer between Edinburgh Park & Linlithgow but was told by two separate Scotrail staff that ALL trains to Edinburgh Park had been cancelled - she's now on a bus but has discovered that info was totally incorrect, her friend is on a train,  she's ok with it but I'm slightly feckin annoyed, particularly since the duff info was dished out to a young female travelling alone.

As a further aside: I see Kez want's the FM to fix the landslide :wacko:

To be fair to the staff it was possibly correct info. at the time. We had a cancelled train this morning that was reinstated late on. Lack of communication is frustrating for Everyone.

5 hours ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

Landslide cancelling trains between Glasgow and Edinburgh via Falkirk High. That's not Scotrail's fault but the last train back from low level is 22.30 and nothing from central later either. They could surely put on a 23.30 out of low level to Edinburgh via Bathgate as a replacement for the cancelled 23.00 and 23.30 via Falkirk High. Will need to get the fucking bus home after Chris Rock now.

They have an obligation to get you to your destination if you turn up on time & the service is canceled! - Taxi maybe! :thumsup2

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RiG said:

More delays on Scotrail this morning at Edinburgh...

It's worth looking at the replies to this, tabloids asking him for permission to use the tweet, him refusing and them using it anyway.

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's worth looking at the replies to this, tabloids asking him for permission to use the tweet, him refusing and them using it anyway.

It doesn't take much to send a Pars fan off the deep end at the best of times.

Wait until next week - lease is running out on the current trains and they are going to run trains with 3 carriages instead of six on the Edinburgh - Glasgow route.  Which rocket scientist failed to see this coming and orgnise an etention of thier lease until the new stock arrived - but then again customers do not matter a F***.

Just now, gav-ffc said:

I’m sure I’ve seen it before but can someone explain how the ticket prices make any sense between Dumfries and Carlisle.

11.40 for a single yet a return is 6.30

It must be profitable to the train companies or they wouldn't do it. Could be something to do with competition between Scotrail and Virgin? The trick is to take advantage and buy the return. Unlikely but you might be able to flog the return part and get a free trip.

Wait until next week - lease is running out on the current trains and they are going to run trains with 3 carriages instead of six on the Edinburgh - Glasgow route.  Which rocket scientist failed to see this coming and orgnise an etention of thier lease until the new stock arrived - but then again customers do not matter a F***.
Transport Scotland (or whatever they call them selfs the now) are responsible for leasing the rolling stock

Absolutely no idea. It drives me nuts when folk ask for a single because I have to say "I've given you a return as it's cheaper". It's very tedious but I have to say it because if I don't I get "I asked for a single!!". I've been followed down the train in the past by infuriated punters thinking I've done them.

It's some kind of local agreement I'm sure. D and G concession cards aren't valid, Club 50 is only valid to Gretna as is the Young Scot card. I don't know if that plays a part. I'm not sure it has anything to do with Virgin as Dumfries to Carlisle is exclusively Scotrail(/Northern). You have to go to Lockerbie to get a Virgin service.

I really haven't a clue how that's worked out though. The only time we ever sell singles is at peak time. Even then our peak service is only any time before 07:59.

8 minutes ago, ajwffc said:
2 hours ago, Moonglum25 said:

Transport Scotland (or whatever they call them selfs the now) are responsible for leasing the rolling stock

Are you sure? Do Scotrail just sell the tickets and pay the wages then?

As I understand it Abello run Scotrail as a franchise with the trains that they are told to and any extra trains they pay for

Oh and added1308259935205.jpg

On 23/02/2018 at 18:21, Moonglum25 said:

There we go - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-43142839

On 2/23/2018 at 18:41, gav-ffc said:

I’m sure I’ve seen it before but can someone explain how the ticket prices make any sense between Dumfries and Carlisle.

11.40 for a single yet a return is 6.30

It's quite common in Glasgow, but the Carlisle to Dumfries one is bigger than anywhere I've seen it. 

An Anytime Return is £18.50 and an Anytime Single is £11.40

An Off-Peak Day Return is £6.30 which is a discounted fare. Regular off peak return is £15.40.

On 2/23/2018 at 20:54, ajwffc said:
On 2/23/2018 at 20:43, welshbairn said:

As I understand it Abello run Scotrail as a franchise with the trains that they are told to and any extra trains they pay for

Yeah essentially Abellio just do the day to day operation. Infrastructure/ rolling stock is responsibility of Transport Scotland. 

• 3 months later...