Scotrail

ScottR96

The service has been abysmal since Abellio took over.  Lots of cancellations and late trains.

Trains on the Hamilton line now take more than twice as long to get to Glasgow due to being diverted via Kirkhill and there has been restricted Sunday service for about 6 months now.

This Dutch mob are taking the piss.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

According to this document the 1634 Edinburgh to Perth train is the most overcrowded service in Scotland. It's okay though as HST services will start operating from, erm, May 2018... :blink:

https://www.transport.gov.scot/media/42251/scotrails-top-10-busiest-trains-may-2018.pdf

Scotrail must surely be looking at running the slam door HSTs for the Intercity services, as they are taking their sweet time being refurbished at Wabtec. Plenty of re-liveried power cars running about with GWR mk3 coaches for driver training, I'm sure passengers wouldn't mind using them instead of a 158.

31 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

The service has been abysmal since Abellio took over.  Lots of cancellations and late trains.

Trains on the Hamilton line now take more than twice as long to get to Glasgow due to being diverted via Kirkhill and there has been restricted Sunday service for about 6 months now.

This Dutch mob are taking the piss.

I've been telt a few times on this thread that all Scotrail do is pay wages and sell tickets. The trains and infrastructure are down to Transport Scotland (and National Rail?). Not sure about the timetables.

Scotrail must surely be looking at running the slam door HSTs for the Intercity services, as they are taking their sweet time being refurbished at Wabtec. Plenty of re-liveried power cars running about with GWR mk3 coaches for driver training, I'm sure passengers wouldn't mind using them instead of a 158.
They're branding it as InterCity7 or something I think? Only 4 carriages AFAIK but a big improvement on the current 2 carriages you sometimes get. The pictures I've seen of the interior look really nice - and the seats are being realigned with the windows and so will provide more legroom apparently.

According to this document the 1634 Edinburgh to Perth train is the most overcrowded service in Scotland. It's okay though as HST services will start operating from, erm, May 2018... :blink:

https://www.transport.gov.scot/media/42251/scotrails-top-10-busiest-trains-may-2018.pdf

I think my first complaint letter about the 1634 Perth train was to the Father Jack Transport Minister back around 2010/11. I wrote again in 2016 to Hamza Yousef. They just fob you off to Transport Scotland, who send you a standard response telling you they know it needs to improve and there’ll be jam tomorrow. Fucking hopeless c***s. It feels like whoever is operating Scotrail can pretty much do what they like.

By my last response I had just given up with civility and said “if you can’t influence Scotrail to add one additional carriage to a train, what use are you?”

I should have added “...duh duh, duh duh, fucking useless.”

My favourite!!20180724_185954.jpg

Having now experienced German transport system they put shame to our country amd I’m glad I don’t have to rely on scotrail.
Slightly different but I feel the French Metro shits all over the London Underground. A train every 3 minutes or so and it feels a lot cleaner as well. I prefer buying the individual wee tickets over the Oyster card as well. But I expect if I was a regular I'd think different.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Going to Elgin for a Clach game at Rothes soon, and it's cheaper to get a return from Inverness to Insch than Inverness to Elgin. 

Be careful though - if they have gates at Elgin and the person staffing them is a twat on the outward leg then they may charge you extra for not having the correct ticket. On the way back you just say you have broken your journey as you are entitled to do.

2 minutes ago, drs said:

Be careful though - if they have gates at Elgin and the person staffing them is a twat on the outward leg then they may charge you extra for not having the correct ticket. On the way back you just say you have broken your journey as you are entitled to do.

Cheers, never seen any staff at Elgin apart from the ticket office, but was a bit concerned about the return ticket inspection. Seems daft, you don't have to pay extra in a restaurant if you don't finish your meal, and it's not my fault if they have daft pricing.

Do scotrail still do Friends and Family Ticket. 4 for 48. Everytime i check in advance never available...
The 4 for 48 has confused me. Not sure what that is. But I've had a few cans.

They still do a Friends and Family Railcard if that's what you mean? And the Kids Go Free tickets (2 kids for every paying adult).

If it's a Friends and Family Ticket I'm not sure what that is.