JK Rowling meltdown

Crùbag

^^^^ Person with 25,000 tweets

And I know a village cricket team that's played lots of games. Doesn't mean they were taking it seriously.

Anyone who gets agitated and upset at Jamie Ross posting some trivial shit about a Solero is taking Twittee too seriously.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I know a village cricket team that's played lots of games. Doesn't mean they were taking it seriously.

Anyone who gets agitated and upset at Jamie Ross posting some trivial shit about a Solero is taking Twittee too seriously.

Ironic from a boy that takes a football forum WAY too seriously.

"But... but.... if I'm asked a question I will give a clear, detailed answer".

Bore off, Graham.

The worst part of "Solero Girl" (other than the heavy stalker vibe) was it gave Ruth Davidson another "LOOK AT ME! I'M FUN! I DON'T TAKE MYSELF TOO SERIOUSLY! I'M NOT LIKE THE OTHER POLITICIANS" photo opportunity.

She's probably got the best job in Scottish politics TBH. The Tories have been so fucked in Scotland for so long, she could do naked somersaults along the roof of the Parliament Building and it would probably gain her some votes.

Does she still like sowjers, BTW?

Slightly less unsettling than the potential misogyny and evident creepiness, is that the ice-cream in question is almost certainly not a Solero. That's maybe a debate for another day, though.

You can only push a man so far - how do I get in touch with the Press Complaints' Commission? :angry:

The only thing about Rowling that gets me actually boiling with rage, is nothing to do with Scotland or politics.

It's the periodic "JK Rowling shut down x in the best possible way" type headlines, usually involving her referencing Harry Potter in a passive aggressive tweet at somebody. Absolute fucking boak.

JK ROWLING SHUTS DOWN CYBERNATS IN THE MOST EVERYTHING WAY POSSIBLE

I think you all take Twitter a bit too seriously.

Forgive me if I'm wrong here but isn't the whole point of this discussion that folk do have to take twatter seriously? Lest you incur the legal wrath of a pet unionist author or get forced into an apology for an online association (but only if you support the SNP).

Very good. I would also like to see this. He must be feeling horribly stunted at being limited to 140 characters.

I'm sure the numbered tweet thing gets used a lot.

"426/426 and thus the lack of a definitive framework as to what constitutes a dress, renders the debate as to its colour quite redundant"

That sort of thing.

I'm sure the numbered tweet thing gets used a lot.

"426/426 and thus the lack of a definitive framework as to what constitutes a dress, renders to the debate as to its colour quite redundant"

That sort of thing.

:lol::lol: :lol:

Actual desk lol

Ponsonby with probably the best summary of the sordid Rowling/ Spanner affair so far.

http://ponsonbypost.com/index.php/news/63-rowling-and-spanner-the-untold-story

Off The Scale

Now twitter is full of people who post inappropriate messages. Some contain language that might be diplomatically described as less than wholesome; ‘industrial’ is the common euphemism. I myself have posted the odd message containing a swear word when describing politicians or media commentators. But the poster known as Brian Spanner was way off the scale.

His tweets weren’t just inappropriate, many were utterly disgusting, with references to female genital mutilation and the menopause. Targets of this odious individual included actress and comedian Elaine C. Smith, breast cancer surgeon and SNP MP Philippa Whitford, SNP MP Mhairi Black and SNP MSP Joan McAlpine.

Below are some examples of the kind of messages ‘Spanner’ had posted.

6_disgusting_tweets.jpg

more_spanner_tweets.png

The ‘Brian Spanner’ twitter account is a litany of disgusting and vulgar anti-women abuse and, as seen above, anti-Irish xenophobia. But where did JK Rowling fit into this?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I see the entitled billionaire weirdo is at it again.

Pete Wishart rightly dug up the Yooniest of yoon "journos" Stephen Daisley for yet another w**k comment.  The ink had barely dried on his tweet when J K Trolling rode in to white knight Daisley.

When she and her almost 8 million followers get involved, it's all over the press.  Pathetic.

Archived