Manners

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Hank Scorpio's views on the idiots who wave money and click their fingers at bar staff. Cringeworthy as f**k. If I'm at a busy bar and have to wait a while to get served then that's just the way it is, don't feel the need to become a c**t to try and get served quicker.

I hate when you move slightly to the side and expect the other person to do the same and instead they just barge past you like a c**t. Need their fucking head cave in with a hammer tbh.

There's a busy but narrow lane I use daily which requires a simple 'shoulders to the side' move for two, never mind three, folk to pass along. The number of people who think they can just walk along, obviously expecting you to put your back to the wall for them to stroll past is unbelievable. That's excluding all the laptop bags and brolleys which some people don't understand adds width.

Rushing and cutting in front of each other the moment they step off the train.

Failing to queue at the ticket barriers- jumping from one barrier to the next the moment they think one is moving more quickly than the next.

Sitting with bags on seats.

Absolute lack of eye contact and refusal to recognise the existence of any other passengers.

Refusal to move up the train carriage when it is busy to allow others to squeeze on (the train on the dunblane route does this daily)

Standards of bad manners, selfishness and contempt for other I have never seen in my life on a west coast train are routine on the east coast.

I think it's because in the East Coast they don't have enough experience of trains to learn the correct etiquette.

In Glasgow there is a proper suburban rail network, as befits a real city, and consequently the locals treat the system appropriately.

In Edinburgh the smalltown rubes think trains are just for travelling to far-off places. Silly burghers.

Getting on the train is actually a very stressful process. There is often not enough baggage space if you have suit case and getting to drop it off and then finding your seat you come across first world humanity at its worst. One time a guy was trying to find his seat and was looking down the aisle towards his destination and walked into me as if I wasn't there and kept trying to walk through me - it was like when you play a computer game and you get the person you are controlling to walk into a wall and they obviously get stopped. Hanging would be too good for him.

Just had my three year old on the naughty step for saying "Whit?" when he didn't catch something his mum said. After the three minutes of inconsolable tears I spoke to him and told him that was rude, and he should really say pardon but if he had to say something else, what was preferable. "But that's what you and mum say are you being rude."

Sigh

Keep putting him on a 'naughty' step and he'll never learn tbh.

I'm selling my house and had 3 Scottish families in viewing on Thursday and yesterday had a Pakistani family, a Polish family and a Lithuanian couple. All of the foreigners took their shoes off as soon as they entered the house while the Scottish viewers just traipsed about with their shoes on. I hope one of the foreigners gets the house because of their good manners and also to piss off any closet racists that might be living in our street.

Having to get the bus as a (hopefully) temporary measure just now and getting home from work was a shambles.

Got on the bus which was very busy and sat next to someone no issues at this point, fine.

They get off and some woman comes on and replaces them. First thing she does when she sits down is bump in to me and says nothing. She then sits her bag on her right knee...which means part of it is on my left. Rummaging through her bag to find a book which she sits and reads as if it were the herald so one of her hands was pretty much in front of my face.

So I changed my seated position to having a pointed elbow towards her so that every bump and jolt on the bus saw the c**t get dug one in the ribs and apologised every time.

Then waiting on the 2nd bus home (brutal way to travel) it arrives but there is a bus in the stop so he can't get in the bus stop, so instead of waiting folk start a queue on the road to get to the bus and the old boy at the front is chapping the door to let him on, the driver in his wisdom opens the door and blocks the road for about 7/8 minutes while pensioners and folk with prams get in the bus...this nearly caused a crash as one of the busses behind decided they can't be fucked waiting on his shambles and started to take off on the wrong side of the road to get past and a car appeared. All because people couldn't wait 20 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Archived