Atletico Farfar v Stranraer

Looking forward to a wee trip to Station Park tomorrow. Bizarrely, given recent form, the omens are good for us at a ground where we don't have a great record. A fixture which tends to go the way of the home team, although we did win there earlier in the season.

Hopefully as few changes as possible to a winning team.

Just wondering if home fans are regretting the sacking of Dick yet. Thought it was a bonkers move by Forfar, and it's looked a bit like that up to now.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking for myself no, we are where we are because of a lack of a decent striking options and that can be laid at Dick's door from last Summer imo. We failed to properly build on last season's squad and are paying for it this season.

We have been very poor nearly all season and Bollan has had I think 3 league games so far so it would be hard to blame him (yet!), of course not helped by apparent 'professionals' downing tolls when their pal gets the bullet.

Tomorrow is in the "must win" category and it is both the best and worst team we could be playing. Best because as OP points out we have terrific home record versus Stranraer, worst because they are in cracking form and must have great confidence from it.

Can't see where goals will come from so I think it'll be another frustrating 0-1 reverse.

^^^^ Agree with this. Definitely not missing Dick - some of the football played when he was in charge wasn't too pretty or even very effective this season. Think Bollan may only have had 2 league matches - Pars and Stenny. Matches off at Brechin, Airdrie and Cowdenbeath.

Couple of new defenders signed this week and a striker signed a couple of weeks ago. With Travis out for the season, and Danny Denholm "off the boil" we desperately need goals from somewhere.

I would take a draw now. We are not world beaters just because we have won a few games recently. Another point away from home and it keeps the spirits up. We have a few fans that get carried away a bit. If we lose a few games again that will be the end worst team ever. Then if we win a few more we will be the best team in the league. One step at a time. Until we are mathematically safe there is no point in getting carried away. Then we can aim for higher achievements. Think Gibson is suspended so he will be a miss. I expect a tough game regardless of Forfar's form.

The problem has been the replacement, some are too scared to say it which I understand as its very early days but Bollan just seems to be a very uninspiring choice and there has been doom and gloom around the club, combination of the defeats and the constant injuries we seem to pick up have given me no reason to be positive.

We'll have lots of possession tomorrow and have no cutting edge and probably lose 1-0 to a goalkeeping error.

We are a shadow of the team that took Stranraer apart in the play offs, hard to believe that was only 8 months ago.

Did Mr Bollan have Airdrie playing 'pretty' football ?

I hated Bollan, no denying that, his football is as ugly as himself. It was pretty turgid at the best of times. Very negative and uninspiring. But when he had 11 men on the park who knew their roles he could grind out some good streaks of results that would be admirable if hard to watch.

It's an interesting time for fans. Will he play the 3 new guys? Where will he play the regulars. Will he play our young guys? Can we score ? Will the Bovril be O.K. We will know by 16:45.

Bovril is always good, the rest is definitely up for grabs though!

The times Airdrie, under Bollan, were playing Forfar, I thought they weren't too bad to watch but then I thought some of the football under Dick was pretty good, most of last season especially.

It's an interesting time for fans. Will he play the 3 new guys? Where will he play the regulars. Will he play our young guys? Can we score ? Will the Bovril be O.K. We will know by 16:45.

The Bovril will be fine, the rest is in the lap of the gods. Those gods who haven't been looking kindly on us since late summer......

The Bovril will be fine, the rest is in the lap of the gods. Those gods who haven't been looking kindly on us since late summer......

header

pass

score

f**k your gods

eta tackle, forgot dont have ball much :(

Didn't even look like the players knew what shape they were meant to be playing first half. As poor a performance in that first 45 as I've seen recently.

Much better shape and movement in the second. (Albeit Stranraer should have gone further ahead)

Great goal from Ryan and for a while we tore in about them. Swanks (FFS!)

Bollan does seem very reluctant to use the subs - we'd probably have got as much (if not more) from Smudger or Hay in place of Swankie for that last 15.

Archived