Tory Election Fraud

glasgow-sheep

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Classic Fide - assume that someone even so much as thinks about questioning something the SNP has done is a "yoon".

Yeah, that'd work if not for you tear stained, spittle flecked track record.

#unlux

Classic Fide - even the slightest hint that someone is even so much as thinking about questioning something the SNP has done, and he's on the defensive.

No, but none of those things are covered by electoral law.

If a party leader appears at an event or rally that's promoting the local candidate, does that count as local campaigning, national campaigning, or both?

Surely it's better to have this investigated and clarified one way or the other?

As far as I can see, spending is split into two categories;

1. Party Campaign Spending

2. Candidate Spending

In terms of Candidate Spending, this is defined by the EC as:

when a candidate authorises campaigning to promote them at an election. For example, leaflets, billboard advertising, websites and campaign staff costs.

Unless I am missing something, I don't think that any of the candidates would have authorised the First Minister to campaign for them.  Also, the following does not have to be included in candidate expenditure:

"someone’s personal car or other means of transport"

Now I am pretty sure that a Helicopter falls under the other means of transport.

There's plenty of images of Nicola Sturgeon in front of placards encouraging a vote for the constituency candidate.

At the very least it's a grey area.

She supported a number of local candidates there's no questioning that. The usual SNP default position, 'do as I say not as I do'!

The blind devotion, obedience and stubborn refusal to accept any criticism (of the beloved leader) whatsoever by some of the Sheep on here would be laughable if they weren't so completely serious.

She supported a number of local candidates there's no questioning that. The usual SNP default position, 'do as I say not as I do'!

The blind devotion, obedience and stubborn refusal to accept any criticism (of the beloved leader) whatsoever by some of the Sheep on here would be laughable if they weren't so completely serious.

Wow.  Now that you have this off your chest, can you perhaps provide some evidence of wrongdoing here?  I have posted details that come directly from the EC rather than repeat some accusation from a political blog.  I have no doubt that it a great talking point down the lodge but that is where your own blind devotion, obedience (with an exception for royalty) comes to the fore.

Wow. Now that you have this off your chest, can you perhaps provide some evidence of wrongdoing here? I have posted details that come directly from the EC rather than repeat some accusation from a political blog. I have no doubt that it a great talking point down the lodge but that is where your own blind devotion, obedience (with an exception for royalty) comes to the fore.

Rob's blind devotion to the glorious British state, its symbolic flag and its divinely-appointed Royal figureheads (may God save and protect them) is in no way sheeplike. It's the SNP who are baaaad for even daring to question the way God has made things.

Says the servile, forelock tugging, deferential supporter of the Union.

Irony doesn't even begin to address your contribution here, Roberto.

She supported a number of local candidates there's no questioning that.

Being in the area doesn't mean she was campaigning for the local candidate, fuckwit.  Otherwise she'd have to stay within her constituency and never leave.

Being in the area doesn't mean she was campaigning for the local candidate, fuckwit. Otherwise she'd have to stay within her constituency and never leave.

She was out and about supporting her local candidates, no problem with that, but don't decry others for doing exactly the same. As for your fuckwit jibe, it's easy to do that on a keyboard eh!? Grow up.

Anyway back on topic i think thats 26 police forces that have sent word to the crown prosecution and the tories must be worried as they are chucking there top lawyers at various cases,only ch4 news seems to be covering this story

She was out and about supporting her local candidates, no problem with that, but don't decry others for doing exactly the same. As for your fuckwit jibe, it's easy to do that on a keyboard eh!? Grow up.

She never mentioned the local candidates, numbnuts, she was on the national campaign, which is why the helicopter was accounted for on the national campaign side of the ledger. As agreed with the electoral comission. If you can't take jibes, don't be a fuckwit.

She never mentioned the local candidates, numbnuts, she was on the national campaign, which is why the helicopter was accounted for on the national campaign side of the ledger. As agreed with the electoral comission. If you can't take jibes, don't be a fuckwit.

Of course she'll take every chance to share a Nationwide message as she's followed by the press/media, but it's also a clear reason and opportunity to shore up a very visible support for the local candidate. Just like any other Party Leader she'll take advantage of both. In which case the costs incurred should be shared according to EC rules.

What a fudged waffle Pete Wishart made of trying to explain it away, given that he was the MP who made the original complaint on the Tories election spend (I understand).

The SNP need to get on with running the county properly.

In the meantime, you continue to stick your head in the sand Baxter, there's a good lad.

Of course she'll take every chance to share a Nationwide message as she's followed by the press/media, but it's also a clear reason and opportunity to shore up a very visible support for the local candidate. Just like any other Party Leader she'll take advantage of both. In which case the costs incurred should be shared according to EC rules.

What a fudged waffle Pete Wishart made of trying to explain it away, given that he was the MP who made the original complaint on the Tories election spend (I understand).

In the meantime, you continue to stick your head in the sand Baxter, there's a good lad.

Instead of having to defend the party against the accusations that you continue to perpetuate?

This line gets trotted out fairly often. As though the SNP have taken a break from running the country while they argue a point about something else. I'm quite sure they are capable of running the country while also pointing out that the Tories may have broken election rules.

We could have an illegitimate government in Westminster and the media coverage has been sadly lacking. Nothing else matters now for unionists, 'have a go at the SNP for absolutely anything even if it isn't true and hope some of it sticks' seems to be the tactic. I find it rather depressing that a lot of people would rather scotland was in the union no matter the circumstance and find that preferable to even considering an independent Scotland.

Let's not forget that the Unionist goons' first move after the Holyrood elections confirmed the SNP's thumping mandate to 'run the country' (as they have done to great success for years) was to try and, erm, waste every one's time crying about the Football Act. 

Safe to say that their concern about elected politicians focusing on the big issues can be safely filed in the bin then. They tried so hard to make that line stick as well. 

Let's not forget that the Unionist goons' first move after the Holyrood elections confirmed the SNP's thumping mandate to 'run the country' (as they have done to great success for years) was to try and, erm, waste every one's time crying about the Football Act.

Safe to say that their concern about elected politicians focusing on the big issues can be safely filed in the bin then. They tried so hard to make that line stick as well.

Great success you say!? Just a quick glance at recent performance in Education and Health for example as the 'guardians' of our precious public services.

Falling educational standards (literacy/numeracy), failing Teacher recruitment targets, class size numbers? failing to identify the capacity to meet child care promises for working families that need that support. Slashing spend on Further Education. Cutting overall healthcare spending, inc health checks promise for over 40's abandoned. Wiping out student debt to the public purse?

It's not all great is it?

Archived