General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

8 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://www.lrb.co.uk/v39/n16/patrick-cockburn/endtimes-in-mosul this is a good piece on coalition airstrikes and the damned if they do, damned if they don't situation many Syrians and Iraqis face in IS controlled territory.

This is a bit 'Ukippy', right? Weird way to make a point, anyway. 

Considering its from Momentum I'm slightly surprised they didn't just call the SNP 'centrist b*****ds' like they do with everyone else they disagree with (except this time they'd have a point).

Speaking of which I see Jezza is going a five day tour of Scotland. I'll be handing out the words to the Red Flag so nobody gets embarrassed when they forget how the second verse goes.

1 minute ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Considering its from Momentum I'm slightly surprised they didn't just call the SNP 'centrist b*****ds' like they do with everyone else they disagree with (except this time they'd have a point).

Speaking of which I see Jezza is going a five day tour of Scotland. I'll be handing out the words to the Red Flag so nobody gets embarrassed when they forget how the second verse goes.

He'll no doubt be body swerving the Tory held seats....

I see that Owen Jones has retweeted that video then, without even a shred of guilt, started banging on about this new CCTV footage of Corbyn on the Virgin train and saying how Branson and Virgin were spreading lies.

He's a jumped up hypocrite.

And in other Twitter news I see the UK's second favourite racist is moaning about having to wait a while for his passport to be checked.

Isn't that terrible? An honest citizen who has only ever once been convicted of using a fake passport having to wait a couple of minutes for his passport to be checked at passport control where people's job is to check passports.

56 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I would guess so. Unsurprisingly it looks like he's visiting our target seats.

All SNP held, which of course wont get him any closer to  government than if he targeted seats held by Tories.

I see that Owen Jones has retweeted that video then, without even a shred of guilt, started banging on about this new CCTV footage of Corbyn on the Virgin train and saying how Branson and Virgin were spreading lies.

He's a jumped up hypocrite.

A total careerist to boot. Spent the past two years prepping a soft left coup against Corbyn before his volte-face when Corbyn nearly won the election.

4 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Wales doesn't have autonomy in the same way as Scotland, does it? Could Welsh Labour and/or the SNP nationalise trains under their jurisdiction? Might be more difficult for Wales as even many Wales to Wales trains go in and out of England.

So nothing then,has it even been brought in the welsh assembly??