General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Leave misled Remain were just mistaken.

Indeed. I don't think any politicians of any side should get away with outright lies though and anything that forces them to change this approach has to be a good thing.

Yes.  However someone on £25k pa can also be entitled to welfare.

That's true. I know some cases where someone in the household works full time and they have a total income less than £20k pa.

I have two of my tenants effected by this benefit cap. Housing costs are cut first unfortunately. One of them, I have very little sympathy for and she even complained to me that if she doesn't get a DHP to cover it, she might have to go back to work. Shudder the thought. The other more so.

2 hours ago, BerwickMad said:

That's true. I know some cases where someone in the household works full time and they have a total income less than £20k pa.

I have two of my tenants effected by this benefit cap. Housing costs are cut first unfortunately. One of them, I have very little sympathy for and she even complained to me that if she doesn't get a DHP to cover it, she might have to go back to work. Shudder the thought. The other more so.

I always wondered why you came across as a bit of a tit on here. You're a landlord.

21 minutes ago, BerwickMad said:

I'm a housing officer for a social landlord. I don't agree with the benefit cap as housing costs vary with location and tenure. I do believe that some reforms were/are needed to welfare though.

You claim to support a political party that did their bit to ensure the policy went ahead though.

Perhaps you're one of those pretend lefties who fools themselves into believing that they supports policies that benefit everyone (anything to help you sleep at night), while in reality, you are really only interested in the policies that benefit yourself personally.

You claim to support a political party that did their bit to ensure the policy went ahead though.

Perhaps you're one of those pretend lefties who fools themselves into believing that they supports policies that benefit everyone (anything to help you sleep at night), while in reality, you are really only interested in the policies that benefit yourself personally.

I've no idea who you are, so it's strange how you seem to know me.

Just because I 'support' them, doesn't mean I agree with everything they do. I have a set of principles and beliefs which I believe the overall aims of the Labour Party best match. It's a bit different from supporting a football team.

I'd assume you have no examples to back up your ridiculous second paragraph.

20 minutes ago, BerwickMad said:

I'd assume you have no examples to back up your ridiculous second paragraph.

I'll give you one.

The old man is (was) a lifelong Labour man, loudly decried the Tories abuse of the NHS and the introduction of a 'two-tiered' system. The moment he had enough income he signed up to BUPA and with a hearty laugh when I challenged him.

9 minutes ago, mjw said:

Kez is to busy congratulating Hibs women winning a cup and demanding the SNP have their own 'Orgreave'.
13 years in power and they couldn't do that?

Aye seen that,kezs mo at the moment seems to be as soon as the tories do something down south "snp baaaaaddd"