General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Don't want to fill the PTTGOYN thread on GN with stuff from this forum so will put it here.

Why are people so stupid as to rise to obvious trolling on this forum?

By all means debate with folk who have different views but responding to out-and-out trolling threads is as bad as starting them.

I'm a teuchter and I dinnae ken who is a troll and who is no.
I'd be obliged for a list of say, the top twenty trolls in the politics forums.

I don't usually listen to FMQs but it was on when I got in the car earlier.  Sturgeon is a frighteningly good performer; succinct, passionate and forceful - she totally viscerated Davidson.

As for Kezia, she sounded like a really bad, amateur actress reading a really bad, amateur script.  The issue she was raising too was an important one but she did it no justice by her performance and by her script-like approach to Sturgeon's reasoned reply.

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I don't usually listen to FMQs but it was on when I got in the car earlier.  Sturgeon is a frighteningly good performer; succinct, passionate and forceful - she totally viscerated Davidson.

As for Kezia, she sounded like a really bad, amateur actress reading a really bad, amateur script.  The issue she was raising too was an important one but she did it no justice by her performance and by her script-like approach to Sturgeon's reasoned reply.

Iain Gray just got owned as well :lol:

I've not seen that Ian Gray 'smiling' gif in a long time. I used to laugh at that alot during the 1st Indy Ref.

I've not heard about him for ages actually, I take it they had him locked in the closet with Gordon Brown? In fact, I don't particularly care what he's been up too.

32 minutes ago, t1t3h said:

I've not seen that Ian Gray 'smiling' gif in a long time. I used to laugh at that alot during the 1st Indy Ref.

I've not heard about him for ages actually, I take it they had him locked in the closet with Gordon Brown? In fact, I don't particularly care what he's been up too.

Grays' one redeeming feature is that he is a fellow Hibby.

In fact, f**k him. He can GTF. Hibby or not.

Anyone been watching the recent events with North Lanarkshire (only the Herald appears to be covering it, with it has to be said a certain amount of naked bias)?

Reading between the lines, it appears both the McMafia & Saint McAnumptie were deselected as candidates from their respective localities (which appears to suggest their local branches had fast tired of their shitty behaviour), & like good nationalists have resigned from the SNP at the last second in order to stand as independents without being expelled from the party for doing so (doubtless in the hope the SNP will let them back in eventually if they win the seats), as have those Labour candidates who were deselected after being caught with their hands in the council secret money tin hidden under the squeaky floor board.

If even half of what's being printed is true, I pity those in North Lanarkshire having such a shower of greedy self interested parasites as their local reps - they appear not to have a shred of decency or principles amongst them & only see the area as a fiefdom to exploit for their own material benefit.

Edited by WaffenThinMint

18 minutes ago, WaffenThinMint said:

Anyone been watching the recent events with North Lanarkshire (only the Herald appears to be covering it, with it has to be said a certain amount of naked bias)?

Reading between the lines, it appears both the McMafia & Saint McAnumptie were deselected as candidates from their respective localities (which appears to suggest their local branches had fast tired of their shitty behaviour), & like good nationalists have resigned from the SNP at the last second in order stand as independents without being expelled from the party for doing so (doubtless in the hope the SNP will let them back in eventually if they win the seats), as have those Labour candidates who were deselected after being caught with their hands in the council secret money tin hidden under the squeaky floor board.

If even half of what's being printed is true, I pity those in North Lanarkshire having such a shower of greedy self interested parasites as their local reps - they appear not to have a shred of decency or principles amongst them & only see the area as a fiefdom to exploit for their own material benefit.

I am trying to decipher your post.  It reads like it could be an interesting story, it's a pity you can't drop all the jargon and nonsense and just tell us what it's about.

1 hour ago, WaffenThinMint said:

They should be more honest. I mean, at least Tony Adams from the IRA, he's like, "Yeah, I shoot people. I like shooting people." You know, if they were more honest, then maybe people would vote and not switch straight over when the news comes on.

52 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I am trying to decipher your post.  It reads like it could be an interesting story, it's a pity you can't drop all the jargon and nonsense and just tell us what it's about.

It's been discussed on here several times before (after being in the Record, the Herald & the local press) as a saga that's been ongoing for at least 5 years - I'm not trailing back through months of posts on the matter to spoon feed one lazy old c**t that won't use the search function :P.

I'm hoping those in the area can shed some further light as to what's actually going on, as it seems the press have now abruptly become mysteriously selective as to what they're printing about a story that looked like it would be banner headlines anywhere else in the UK.

They should be more honest. I mean, at least Tony Adams from the IRA, he's like, "Yeah, I shoot people. I like shooting people." You know, if they were more honest, then maybe people would vote and not switch straight over when the news comes on.

You switch over when the news comes on?

It's been discussed on here several times before (after being in the Record, the Herald & the local press) as a saga that's been ongoing for at least 5 years - I'm not trailing back through months of posts on the matter to spoon feed one lazy old c**t that won't use the search function [emoji14].
I'm hoping those in the area can shed some further light as to what's actually going on, as it seems the press have now abruptly become mysteriously selective as to what they're printing about a story that looked like it would be banner headlines anywhere else in the UK.

I live in the area and read your post.
None the wiser tbf.

4 hours ago, mjw said:

I live in the area and read your post.
None the wiser tbf.

FFS, this is frightening.

No wonder this sort of stuff happens in NL if this is the level of attention the electorate pays to local events.

Here's a quick selection of the saga:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15194017.SNP_veteran_couple_to_contest_same_seat_after_wife_axed_by_party/?ref=mrb&lp=30

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15192410.Whistleblowing_SNP_councillor_quits__claiming_local_party_in_chaos/?ref=ar

http://www.thenational.scot/news/15085732.SNP_deselects_four_councillors_linked_to_North_Lanarkshire_s__Monklands_McMafia__turf_war/

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14341193.SNP_chief_issues_warning_to_warring_branches__as_party_brushes_aside_rebellion_over__self_congratulatory__motions/

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14530606.Scottish_Labour_deputy_brought_in_as_peacemaker_in_party_s_North_Lanarkshire_civil_war/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/213488/snp-councillors-fury-at-godfather-smear-after-car-blaze-probe/

etc!

I'm going to hazard a guess that both of the warring factions now running as independents have been dishing out the lawyers letters to the media, hence the abrupt media blackout just as the shitstorm hits DEFCON1 with two renegade SNP factions & a renegade Labour faction standing candidates.

1 hour ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Think its something to do with him emailing someone's boss or something.

Which I nor anyone else ever did & the person claiming it later backpedalled on to no one's surprise - except perhaps you.

"Nobody called my boss m8, you might have got a little confused when you were desperate to get poor 8mile banned by sharing his PMs."

Feeling stupid yet? Again?