General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

2 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Utterly bizarre. As things currently stand the UK will leave the EU on 31 October unless a deal is agreed prior to that date or an extension is agreed.

Once again, I will reiterate. It's not what people think it is. They will be "leaving the EU" in name only, but not in practice. It's impossible for the UK to suddenly abandon EU law when much of the UK economy will still be integrated with the EU. You don't go from being in the EU to out of the EU overnight.

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

Once again, I will reiterate. It's not what people think it is. They will be "leaving the EU" in name only, but not in practice. It's impossible for the UK to suddenly abandon EU law when much of the UK economy will still be integrated with the EU. You don't go from being in the EU to out of the EU overnight.

Where do you get your information from?

EU law has already been written into UK law. After 1 November it can be amended at will.

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Where do you get your information from?

The book of common sense.

Just now, Tibbermoresaint said:

EU law has already been written into UK law. After 1 November it can be amended at will.

For the most part, this is correct. But not all laws can simply be handed over. Some laws are intertwined between the EU and the UK and can't differ until the UK is completely out of the EU, which can't happen until all negotiations are over.

The book of common sense.

For the most part, this is correct. But not all laws can simply be handed over. Some laws are intertwined between the EU and the UK and can't differ until the UK is completely out of the EU, which can't happen until all negotiations are over.

Negotiations on the Withdrawal Agreement are over. The UK leaves on 31 October unless something happens before then.

3 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Negotiations on the Withdrawal Agreement are over. The UK leaves on 31 October unless something happens before then.

That's my understanding and just yesterday the gov/t announced it was stepping up on planning and spending on further contingency plans for a No deal exit.

Directly into my veins please. 

May-cries.jpg.16d8b791b3d7dfce583e0875f3f34c9b.jpg

Sympathy for this c**t is utterly nauseating. 

She's been happy to see unjustified deportations, brutal welfare reform, could barely be fucked doing anything about Grenfell, other than attempt to blame the Fireys, somehow managed to "lose" the nonce files and will justifiably be remembered as the most useless PM in living memory. 

History will remember her as the worst PM in recent memory.

Hopefully she’s binned at the next election. Unlikely considering she has a large majority. But I would love to see it.

12 minutes ago, mizfit said:

History will remember her as the worst PM in recent memory.

Hopefully she’s binned at the next election. Unlikely considering she has a large majority. But I would love to see it.

I'd be very surprised if she doesn't resign her seat before then.

15 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Regardless of policies and the job she did she has had some amount of shit to deal with.
As said the next one will probably be worse. Seeing all the media and politicians lined up like vultures while theres a woman in tears is hardly something to cheer about.
What a mess Westminster is.

Bit sexist is it not? I'd be laughing at a male Tory PM greetin the same as I would at her.

I'm all for equality.

16 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Regardless of policies and the job she did she has had some amount of shit to deal with.
As said the next one will probably be worse. Seeing all the media and politicians lined up like vultures while theres a woman in tears is hardly something to cheer about.
What a mess Westminster is.

A Tory in tears is always something to cheer about.

Loudly.

Umunna now signalling that his bunch of turncoats want an electoral arrangement with the LibDems ahead of the next GE.

I think they will be told to GTF and will disappear into the sunset.  What a bunch of overhyped irrelevants.

5 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Supoib!

Although Ireland probably doesn't have many (if any) cringers like we do who boak at the language.

Honestly, clad Scotland in Gaelic everywhere just to for the seethe. Love reading some auld c**t moaning about it being distracting or it was never spoken here yet the town's name is Dunfermline or Carnoustie. Some twat I know thought the 'Poileas' was Polish for Police ''cos o' all the Poles that live here,''