General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Cheers, sometimes I feel as if I've just awoken from a coma after 10 years out.
Is it just me, or does language seem to change on an almost daily basis with new words appearing without any warning and new meanings of current words being altered by the day ??
It's REALLY hard to try and keep up with it all............
It's not any different to any other time really, new ideas come about, new language accompanying it.

We're just getting older, and it gets that wee bit harder to keep up to speed.

Just make sure you're well enough informed, and not reading shite all the time.

Or don't, and gradually descend into ukip levels of dialogue.

22 hours ago, pandarilla said:

It's not any different to any other time really, new ideas come about, new language accompanying it.

We're just getting older, and it gets that wee bit harder to keep up to speed.

Just make sure you're well enough informed, and not reading shite all the time.

Or don't, and gradually descend into ukip levels of dialogue.

Change is never good !!

(unless it's an improvement on what it replaces and it rarely seems to be nowadays).

Nuclear: Energy bills 'used to subsidise submarines'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-48509942

"Prof Andy Stirling from Sussex argues that one reason the government is willing to burden householders with the expense of nuclear energy is because it underpins the supply chain and skills base for firms such as Rolls Royce and Babcock that work on nuclear submarines."

Well.

The Lib Dems confirming that they'll take it upon themselves to decide what should and should not be subject to a second referendum.  A timely reminder to all that they remain a shower of hypocritical and utterly craven Unionists:

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/indyref2-will-not-be-backed-by-new-lib-dem-leader-candidates-say-1-4942841?fbclid=IwAR0iS4EZ9PR1DpKz_ebrRW4DXTwjKUzsbo28NVL9GjJHpmg1lABHyOp7zJg

I want that boot Swinson emptied again at the next election. 

There are calls for Labour MP Roger Godsiff (yeah I hadn’t heard of him either) to have the whip withdrawn after supporting the homophobes protesting at a Birmingham school.

Dubbed as the “laziest MP in Parliament” at one point he is anti EU, has opposed EU migration and marriage equality.  He has claimed huge expenses including office expenses for work on his house.

The real question is why are people like him re-selected by their local CLPs?  Labour need to rid themselves of such dinosaurs.

After his ludicrous posturing about Scotland, resulting in widespread ridicule from North of the border, Sajid Javid now has the backing of Wee Ruth [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

That should be another few soft no voters across

16 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

This was an interesting thread to read:

Aye, good lesson for the Tories there, adopting Brexit Party positions legitimises them and increases their vote.

What are the SNP/Scottish Govt even doing by trying to claim Rockall? Really, going to start fighting with what will no doubt be our best pal (post-indy) Ireland over this shite.

Also considering its not even recognised as Scottish or British by international law.  And if that toad, Bertie Armstrong is backing you, then you know you are on the wrong side.

What are the SNP/Scottish Govt even doing by trying to claim Rockall? Really, going to start fighting with what will no doubt be our best pal (post-indy) Ireland over this shite.
Also considering its not even recognised as Scottish or British by international law.  And if that toad, Bertie Armstrong is backing you, then you know you are on the wrong side.
Mental as it is, Rockall is part of the Western Isles Council area and comes under the Parish of Harris [emoji38]

1 minute ago, jupe1407 said:

Mental as it is, Rockall is part of the Western Isles Council area and comes under the Parish of Harris emoji38.png

Haha, is it? I maybe should learn a bit more but I start moaning about EssNPee (who I'm a member of)

Is that final munro to do to complete the set? :)

8 hours ago, Kejan said:

Haha, is it? I maybe should learn a bit more but I start moaning about EssNPee (who I'm a member of)

Is that final munro to do to complete the set? :)

Send the Wee Frees to protect it.  Whether or not it’s under threat and whether or not they want to go.

Quick question - does it not seem daft that the SNP aren’t going balls out to have the result of the EU referendum implemented at any cost? After all the SNP would be livid if the UK Gov refused to accept or implement an Indy vote in a Scottish Independence referendum? Or am I missing something here?

1 hour ago, Daydream said:

Quick question - does it not seem daft that the SNP aren’t going balls out to have the result of the EU referendum implemented at any cost? After all the SNP would be livid if the UK Gov refused to accept or implement an Indy vote in a Scottish Independence referendum? Or am I missing something here?

In short, yes. 

The pro-remain and pro-indy Scottish Government going baws oot to implement a result that every Local Authority area and a large majority of Scottish voters who took part in the poll voted against would be a bit daft. 

IF there is a second independence vote and a majority vote in favour of Independence then the SNP/Greens going baws oot to implement that result would be completely logical. 

What would be weird would the SNP/Greens going baws oot to implement an EU referendum which a huge number of racist gammons down south voted for. 

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Greenwald's generating a fair bit of seethe over there.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/DeportaGreenwald?src=hash