General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Might throw my hat into the ring for next Prime Minister. I ended the Christophe-Lincoln Hearts Great Dotting War. 

Brexit should be a piece of piss. 

All that did was lead to the Dindeleux-Lincoln Hearts battle. You just kicked the can down the road tbh.

Which makes you an excellent candidate really.

7 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Can anyone see any way her successor (especially if it's Boris) is going to come up with a withdrawal agreement that Parliament can agree on?

No. Hard brexit on October 31st or General Election imo. If they ask for an extension to renegotiate the deal at least one of the 27 will tell them to f**k off. 

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:
3 minutes ago, Ross. said:
Bojo, Leadsome or Raab likely for the job then? Is that as "moderate" as they will let it go?

Its like replacing Strachan with Mcleish nobody would be that daft

If only...

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:

Hopefully Boris gets the gig

Need to dig out some of my posts on here and Facebook from the independence campaign. At the time I said a no vote would likely end up with a tory majority, England voting to leave the EU, and Boris as prime minister. Managed 2/3 so far...

I hate all the potential candidates but think Boris might be the worst as can imagine he would actually be popular and might get a majority at a snap General Election. 

The only brightside of him getting the job would be that I bunged £50 on him for next Prime Minister at 10/1 a year or so ago. 

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

I hate all the potential candidates but think Boris might be the worst as can imagine he would actually be popular and might get a majority at a snap General Election. 

The only brightside of him getting the job would be that I bunged £50 on him for next Prime Minister at 10/1 a year or so ago. 

Will be between Loathsome and Draab.

1 minute ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

That went right over your head didn't it? No surprise there then.

Was bound to happen eventually.

Imagine being a Labour voter in Scotland. Everything must go over yours.

Only brightside?
There is a major second brightside.....

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I know it will never happen, but imagine the #scenes if Boris goes to the Palace and Her Maj tells him to f**k off.

Imagine the #scenes the first time the bold bojo ventures north.

CnVJ_-hWAAEqkjK.thumb.jpg.b763ce0113d7b0c4dbdf643e294061cd.jpg

Watching the replay of her speech, she has a dramatic pause after she says she is ending the postcode lottery.

The disappointment when she continues, and it's not about getting those god-awful "Someone's knocking at the door" adverts off the telly. :(

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I know it will never happen, but imagine the #scenes if Boris goes to the Palace and Her Maj tells him to f**k off.

He'd be too busy boasting to the Duke of Edinburgh about battering that Japanese schoolboy to pay attention to what the Queen was saying to him.