General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

I'm sure the man the monument was built to honour would be a wee bit miffed with the Jack getting used over the Saltire.

Of course it's about the language of the brochure but still, taking you (half) seriously:  1. I see two saltires and 2. Sir Walter was an arch Unionist

Pfft.  What an arse I made of that.  I was thinking of Scott rather than Wallace.  Still, there are two saltires in the union jack.

No idea how you conflated two people who share no names in common.
To be fair, there is a tribute to Sir Walter Scott at the Wallace monument.

IMG_6057.thumb.jpg.9fc9efc074237eda1d1e59abbd426f5d.jpgIMG_6058.thumb.jpg.d4e77b6444834dc22743324c7da421b2.jpg

I get that he means well but talking about more AC in offices and free ice cream when it’s hot the day after BoJo has gone full steam towards a Hard Brexit is ludicrous.

Corbyn is the guy you call when you’ve been fired from Asda not when you want someone to run the country.

17 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Still, there are two saltires in the union jack.

15 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

There are none, the Saltire isn't dark blue.

OK I made a c**t of myself.  Thanks for topping me.

9 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

No idea how you conflated two people who share no names in common.

Not defending myself.

There are none, the Saltire isn't dark blue.

He must be counting the cross of St Patrick as the 2nd “saltire” which would make it one by your reckoning

Although given that it’s the white bit as opposed to the blue bits of the Scottish flag that’s a saltire (heraldically speaking a diagonal cross ) he could still be right

But the white areas are also white on the cross of st George and neither of the “saltires” are continuous areas so maybe not

16 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I get that he means well but talking about more AC in offices and free ice cream when it’s hot the day after BoJo has gone full steam towards a Hard Brexit is ludicrous.

Corbyn is the guy you call when you’ve been fired from Asda not when you want someone to run the country.

He called Johnson out at the dispatch box today.

Tweeting about a good policy when people will be most receptive to hearing about that policy seems like a good idea.

Is Corbyn the comic turn to fill time before Johnson's clowns get up to speed? Can't wait for his  'umbrellas for everybody' statement when the rain comes. In other news I believe Barnier has called Johnson's bleatings combative, which bodes well for the coming months.

12 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Contentious in as much as they’re fragmented saltires instead of actual saltires

I reckon you two should probably call this one a draw

Are you the bloke to suggest that the saltires of saints Andrew and Patrick aren't part of Britain's flag?

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Are you the bloke to suggest that the saltires of saints Andrew and Patrick aren't part of Britain's flag?

Hi Kinc,

Just wondering if you're happy with the UK's choice of PM. Maybe you've commented elsewhere on this, but if you have, apologies, I must have missed it.

Is BJ the man to unite the divided tory party, the divided country and preserve the Union?